PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Importing playlists into TF3D music tab

I don't usually sync media content to my Touch Pro and was unable to get any of my existing playlists to show up in the TF3D music tab. The newest release of PlaylistMgr fixes that. Just open an existing playlist and then go to "HTC Audio Manager" in the File menu and click "Save Playlist As". PlaylistMgr will save the playlist in the correct format & location. The next time you open the music tab it will scan and update your playlist information. I was using previous a previous version on my Mogul and really like it for editing/managing playlists. Link is below if any are interested:

http://mobile-sg.com/ppc/apps/?p=PlaylistMgr
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Re: Importing playlists into TF3D music tab

Where is HTC Audio Manager located? Can't seem to find it in Programs.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Where is HTC Audio Manager located? Can't seem to find it in Programs.
In PlaylistMgr just click on file and "HTC Audio Manager" is just above "Exit". On your device it stores in the folowing location:
My Device\Application Data\HTC\Audio Manager\playlists

Last edited by dtndvm; 11-21-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realize it was within this new program...durrr....
Old 11-30-2008, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bgeezy723 is just getting started

I downloaded and installed this program, but haven't been able to get it to work successfully. It creates the playlist, but when I save it to the 'My Device\Application Data\HTC\Audio Manager\playlists' location, TF3D doesn't list it. When I save it to my storage card, TF3D finds it, but doesn't list any songs in the playlist. What am I doing wrong?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeezy723 View Post
I downloaded and installed this program, but haven't been able to get it to work successfully. It creates the playlist, but when I save it to the 'My Device\Application Data\HTC\Audio Manager\playlists' location, TF3D doesn't list it. When I save it to my storage card, TF3D finds it, but doesn't list any songs in the playlist. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you're saving it for the HTC Audio Manager. Don't click on "Save Playlist As" in the file menu. Click on "HTC Audio Manager". This will open a submenu where you can click "Save Playlist As". At this point you are given the option to overwrite an existing file or create a new file name. The program automatically saves the playlist to the correct location (the one you listed above). You don't even get a choice as to where to save it. If you use the "Save Playlist As" in the main file menu, you get the normal options of selecting where to save the file and in what form (.asx, .m3u, or.pls). If you do this, Audio Manager will see the playlist but will not see any content because the file format will be incorrect. The benefit of this is that it allows you to take existing playlists from your PC, open them with the program, and then convert them to use with HTC Audio Manager.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bgeezy723 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
Make sure you're saving it for the HTC Audio Manager. Don't click on "Save Playlist As" in the file menu. Click on "HTC Audio Manager". This will open a submenu where you can click "Save Playlist As". At this point you are given the option to overwrite an existing file or create a new file name. The program automatically saves the playlist to the correct location (the one you listed above). You don't even get a choice as to where to save it.
Yes, that is what I did and it then shows up under playlists in the music tab. But when I click through, nothing shows up.

So say my playlist is titled "Mix". I click the playlists tab, "Mix" shows up, I then click "Mix" and nothing is listed. That is my problem and I dont understand it because I followed exactly what you said above. Does this only work if you have existing playlists? Because I am trying to create a new one from scratch.

Edit: I performed a soft reset and it finished right after I posted this, but the songs showed up after the soft reset. It must be that TF3D wasn't updating after I created the playlist and just needed a soft reset. Thanks for your help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro