PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 02:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

commonplace is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to commonplace Send a message via AIM to commonplace Send a message via Yahoo to commonplace
Re: Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use?

This thread has actually talked me into wanting to try the screen protector that came with my Touch Pro. I never used one with my 6700, 6800, or Touch... but I might give it a try with this one. (I guess since I have the insurance, I've never really worried about it.)

/Kevin
Old 10-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

The way I've decided to look at it, I'm sitting here looking at my mogul, which went through hell without a screen protector, and the screen is still fine. There are a bunch of tiny little scratches, but they are barely noticeable with the screen off and if you turn it on you don't even know they are there. I have a super tiny scratch on my touch pro towards the center, and again, I can only see if it I am specifically looking for it with the screen off.

Though I do have a set of 3 protectors coming from eBay. I figure if they fit and I can get one on w/o getting dust or air bubbles, I'll leave it on.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
The way I've decided to look at it, I'm sitting here looking at my mogul, which went through hell without a screen protector, and the screen is still fine. There are a bunch of tiny little scratches, but they are barely noticeable with the screen off and if you turn it on you don't even know they are there. I have a super tiny scratch on my touch pro towards the center, and again, I can only see if it I am specifically looking for it with the screen off.

Though I do have a set of 3 protectors coming from eBay. I figure if they fit and I can get one on w/o getting dust or air bubbles, I'll leave it on.
Meh. If I already got my screen scratched, like yours, I wouldn't even bother.

It's like that "first scratch," you get on your new truck. Once that happens, all bets are off, and you start throwing logs/crap in the back and don't care anymore.

I'd actually be highly annoyed to know/see a scratch underneath my screen protector...

That's just me though.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Can't see it unless you really look, and when I had the screen protector on, I couldn't see it underneath it. Pulled it back off though because it looked like ****, no dust or air bubbles, but when I cleaned it it turned all cloudy for some reason. Screen looked fine when it was on but it looked like someone jizzed all over the screen when it was off, cause of that freakin protector.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Can't see it unless you really look, and when I had the screen protector on, I couldn't see it underneath it. Pulled it back off though because it looked like ****, no dust or air bubbles, but when I cleaned it it turned all cloudy for some reason. Screen looked fine when it was on but it looked like someone jizzed all over the screen when it was off, cause of that freakin protector.
That wasnt the protector
Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
That wasnt the protector
Whoa, too much info!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

come on guys you know you'v got to wrap it up

Last edited by dabackwoodboy; 10-31-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mm View Post
For the people who use screen protectors, I ask why? This is not a 4th gen ipod where if you breath on it the screen scratches. Both my 6700 and my 6800 have lived in my pocket for years unprotected and I have never had a problem. There may be a slight chance of a scratch but I don't see it.
Look at it like this. You are having sex with a girl who you know has no diseases and is on the pill. Would you wear a condom?
It feels so much better without and it is less of a hassle (in both cases).
haha yes I would still wear one
Old 10-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

i tried to install the screen protector..damn my shaky hands! i have bubbles everywhere
Old 10-31-2008, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started

I still have the plastic that came on mine on it. I am waiting for my girlfriend to put it on. She is better at those things than I am.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro