PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seperate Calendar and Contacts

Good evening all. Is there a way to keep a seperate personal and work related calendar and contact list? I'm not even sure if you can have more than one calendar sync'ed to your phone at one time, but I know it is an option on the iphone. I would hate to have to keep all work contacts and personal contacts in one long list 0.o. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Seperate Calendar and Contacts

I do know there is a way to assign certain contacts to groups, and then you can search contacts within a group, but other than that, I don't think there's a way.

Also, the calendar can be categorized by category [personal, business] but again, I do not know what software allows you to only show appointments for a certain category.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Re: Seperate Calendar and Contacts

Pocket Informant is a powerful PIM that allows you to create custom views for both calendars and contacts views. You can then specify the criteria for each whether it be sorted by category, date and other criterion. Pocket Informant ain't cheap, but let me tell you it's a good investment if you need a powerful PIM. I'm sure there are other less expensive PIM that might have similar functionality but you would have to try them out. Agenda One is such app.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro