PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Voice Command Announcement (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42300)

jeffH70 10-30-2008 04:58 PM

Voice Command Announcement

Anyone noticed that the TP builtin VC has difficulty to announce incoming caller ID via TTS? The wav file was generated in the volatile area but majority of the time the announcement was not played (speaker, BT, or headset) and the ringtone was lower in between but no TTS.

wildpig 10-30-2008 05:06 PM

Re: Voice Command Announcement

known problem. thread on this already started. no definite good solution as far as i know yet ;(

TurboFool 10-30-2008 05:10 PM

Yeah, we ripped this apart in another thread, but still no solution. It's forced me to make more effort to put custom ringtones on specific people, but it's not enough. I really hope we find a solution soon.

rprochnow 10-30-2008 10:04 PM

This isn't a complete solution - but it's an improvement.

With this fix - the ring tone will play for a second and then be cut off by the call announcement. The announcement will be at a lower volume. The announcement will repeat - the ring tone will not be played again.

NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD ATTEMPT THIS FIX ONLY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE IN UPDATING YOUR REGISTRY.

Change the following registry keys:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Script
change from as5p to v0p (that's v-zero-p) - for vibrate & ring, or p (ring only)

The above fix seems to get the announcements reliably, and doesn't break the set vibrate/set ringer features in the TF3D interface.

Hopefully we can find a better solution - that will restore the full functionality of Voice Command incoming call announcements - and not need this hack.

Another option is to manually overwrite the ringtone file name:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound
change to \Application Data\Volatile\TTSCallerID.wav

This fix replaces the ringtone with the call announcement - and at full volume.

BUT this solution has several problems, including breaking the set vibrate/set ringer feature in TF3D.

enyce9 10-31-2008 07:26 PM

not working for me has anyone else tried the above method?

meccadon123 10-31-2008 08:46 PM

not me. Why does my VC speak my texts mssgs without a problem, but can not announce a call? There has to be an easy fix for this.

nybdby 11-15-2008 11:14 PM

I am using the above tweak with spb phone suite and it works perfect with my spb phone suite profile set at auto answer = never Sound Mode = 60 Ring Type = Vibrate.