PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Phone occassionally ceases to ring

My phone occasionally simply doesn't bother to ring or vibrate. The screen shows an incoming call, but there's no other feedback to alert me to the incoming call. So far each time I've soft-reset the phone to clear it up, although it's possible something else might have resolved it.

The only two factors I've noticed that correlate, but may not have any connection to the problem, is that I have my Bluetooth connected (although I nearly always do anyway), and the phone has happened to be plugged into either the wall or my car charger at the time.

Anyone else experienced this?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Phone occassionally ceases to ring

Are you using JD's rom? I noticed that problem with JD's rom, but I haven't noticed it on No2chem's. The problem still might be here, but I haven' noticed it with a few days of use yet.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the same problem with my Jabra BT8010 headset. The problem is not that it's not ringing, it's sending all sounds, including ringtones to your Bluetooth headset. I find that turning off and then turning on my headset fixes the problem. Well, at least until it happens again. It's really annoying, so I end up leaving my headset off a lot. Or at least obsessively checking to see if my headset is connected like that.

It might have something to do with Voice Command, but no matter the options I disable it still happens.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Yeah, but it doesn't even vibrate while it's failing to ring, so I'm not 100% convinced it's the Bluetooth that's the issue. I'll have to try that, though.

And no, no custom ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro