PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Pro Battery Life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42289)

hibby50 10-30-2008 03:47 PM

Pro Battery Life

I have a complaint on the complainers :) ....

Listen to all of you complaining about your battery, I AGREE IT IS NOT UP TO PAR. However, what you must understand is that the battery must be broken in. IMO IT TAKES ABOUT 2-4 WEEKS TO BRING A BATTERY UP TO STANDERS. Now the pro has been out for less than a week SO STOP COMPLAINING. That's all.... if after a month it is still bad THEN start complaining.

blazin-asian 10-30-2008 03:52 PM

Re: Pro Battery Life

*reserved for complaints in a month*

lol jk.

most users are coming from a Mogul or Touch which had a bigger battery so we're all spoiled

MadlyAlive 10-30-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 485799)
I have a complaint on the complainers :) ....

Listen to all of you complaining about your battery, I AGREE IT IS NOT UP TO PAR. However, what you must understand is that the battery must be broken in. IMO IT TAKES ABOUT 2-4 WEEKS TO BRING A BATTERY UP TO STANDERS. Now the pro has been out for less than a week SO STOP COMPLAINING. That's all.... if after a month it is still bad THEN start complaining.

This has been said numerous times on this board and others that most of us visit.

Unsure why this needs to be mentioned in a new thread...

And off topic, but are you really 12? I wish killer SmartPhones were around when I was 12!

hibby50 10-30-2008 03:59 PM

Yes I am.... WAAAAY off topic. really I felt that people were now (codyppc) not going to buy just because people sayin the battery was bad without giving it a chance to really get goin.

MadlyAlive 10-30-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 485840)
Yes I am.... WAAAAY off topic. really I felt that people were now (codyppc) not going to buy just because people sayin the battery was bad without giving it a chance to really get goin.

Right on.

I'd hope most people understand that this is to be expected with any device powered by a battery...especially if they are previous SmartPhone users.

MadlyAlive 10-30-2008 04:03 PM

And I think he already has one...

hibby50 10-30-2008 04:11 PM

yeah he did order it

TurboFool 10-30-2008 04:17 PM

Not actually accurate. It takes about three to five full charges, give or take, to reach full life. We're all well past that. As well, full breaking in will rarely gain you more than maybe 5 to 10% extra battery. So instead of my battery dying around noon, it would die around... 12:30? 1:00?

I think the complaining's justified. Now that said, those of us who came from the Mogul KNEW what we were getting into. My current work situation makes it feasible for me to plug in my phone when I get to work and leave it plugged in, but that may change at any time. That's why when I saved up for the phone I saved additional funds for an extended battery.

MadlyAlive 10-30-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 485894)
Not actually accurate. It takes about three to five full charges, give or take, to reach full life. We're all well past that. As well, full breaking in will rarely gain you more than maybe 5 to 10% extra battery. So instead of my battery dying around noon, it would die around... 12:30? 1:00?

I think the complaining's justified. Now that said, those of us who came from the Mogul KNEW what we were getting into. My current work situation makes it feasible for me to plug in my phone when I get to work and leave it plugged in, but that may change at any time. That's why when I saved up for the phone I saved additional funds for an extended battery.

I'm not saying the complaints aren't justified, I just don't feel the complaints about the complainers are justified.

I always buy additional batteries...I don't care if the battery life is 1 hour or 1 week. You just never know.

snovvman 10-30-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 485894)

I agree.