PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 05:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Reminders Notification - Losing Display on Screen

Holy crap this thread makes me so sad! I just started encountering this bug and it drives me frickin crazy! I just busted my a$$ making a nice glass theme for my latest v3 090528 rom and now all of a sudden the popups went away. For some reason my previous v3 rom didn't have this problem, and there aren't many differences between them at all.... Nothing I can easily discern anyway.

Like my work? Hit
Old 06-04-2009, 05:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Holy crap this thread makes me so sad! I just started encountering this bug and it drives me frickin crazy! I just busted my a$$ making a nice glass theme for my latest v3 090528 rom and now all of a sudden the popups went away. For some reason my previous v3 rom didn't have this problem, and there aren't many differences between them at all.... Nothing I can easily discern anyway.
yea man...please...PLEASE let us know if you figure it out. IT SUCKS.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
yea man...please...PLEASE let us know if you figure it out. IT SUCKS.
Actually something just occured to me... In my latest release I set custom default txt and email notification sounds but I did not configure the rest of the registry keys, only the actual sound string. The key for each notification has several strings for the variety of options per notification.

I'm going to build a rom right now and run it for a day and see what happens. I think I may be on to something though!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

I wonder if the problem exists on Htc builds and not MS builds? Since Htc wants them disabled in lieu of manila.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Ive been experiencing the same problem...but if I soft reset, it seems to work once, then goes back to no notification...oh yeah, the build date on mine is november of 2008...just posting that so see if maybe its after or before a certain build date? maybe a problem with the os?

Last edited by Big Redneck3100; 06-04-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

My build date is Oct 2008.

I will donate $20 through paypal to anyone who finds a fix for this! (I already put the $20 in my paypal account for the day this comes out)

I'm running MR4.16

Peace out g's!
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

greencat is just getting started

I just flashed to the newest Mighty Rom 5 and I thought the problem was fixed but it only lasted 1 day. My reminders that I really miss are the ones from Tasks.

Anyone know how to bring up the tasks by the reminder date?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Civbert is a n00b

I've searched for hours trying to find a fix for this with no joy.

Any time a do a soft reset, my Touch Pro loses it's "Display message on screen" settings that I keep resetting for reminders and new text and MMS messages. I would also like to keep my preferred screen input method (Fitaly).

I need to "soft" reset my phone every couple days to improve performance or to get my GPS to work properly. But a soft reset should not restore "factory settings" I've overridden.

Do these settings have a registry key that I can edit? Or perhaps something is resetting my registry whenever I do a soft reset.

The only think less annoying to tapping the system status icon bar at the top on my screen and then selecting the proper big icon every time a new reminder or message comes up, is having to go in to "Sounds & Notifications" to reset my "Display message on screen" so they will popup and display on my screen.

Perhaps someone could write some sort of "start-up" program that will restore the settings that something else on my phone seems to be resetting. It sounds like a simple program compared to some of excellent programs I've seen for working tweeks. If something like this made freeware, I'd certainly make a donation to the author.

I am also surprised that I can not find much more about this problem. I suppose the majority of Touch Pro uses don't bother changing the Notifications settings. But for those of us that do, this is a major pain in the backside.

P.S. I don't "text-and-drive", but I do like to the ability to glance at my phone when an appointment reminder pops up or new text messages come in, so that I can quickly see if I need to stop and respond, or turn around and go a different direction. Although that might be a bit risky, it's much more dangerous to go through the processes of tapping on that skinny status icon bar and then selecting the notification or new message icon in order to see what the reminder or message says.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro