PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales for 399-100? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42264)

twe90kid 10-30-2008 01:38 PM

SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales for 399-100?

i want to know how many of you on sero who aren't eligible for upgrade but still ordered through telesales.

were you able to renew your contract and still get the promotional pricing of 399-100MIR?

Systom 10-30-2008 01:46 PM

Re: SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales?

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 485396)
i want to know how many of you on sero who aren't eligible for upgrade but still ordered through telesales.

were you able to renew your contract and still get the promotional pricing of 399-100MIR?

I tried doing just that, but they wouldn't have it, so I only qualified for the crappy 75.00 off with NO MIR (SERO 500), so that's like a total of 505.00 or so. I'm sure I could have jerked the prices down with retentions, but that'd probably be a grueling process in itself--plus I was all good since I got another line with that promotional pricing, so screw it.

twe90kid 10-30-2008 01:48 PM

Re: SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales?

i've been reading some people were able to get it done. just wondering what people said or did. hopefully i get a nice rep when i call

twe90kid 10-30-2008 02:21 PM

Re: SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales for 399-

i'm hoping that peoplee who got this deal would post it here instead of the other threadd. this way it's easider to track down

Formula84 10-30-2008 02:23 PM

Re: SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales for 399-

which rebate do we use? I have renewed for 2 years, but i am not sure if the link to the regular rebate applies to sero...

twe90kid 10-30-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formula84 (Post 485539)
which rebate do we use? I have renewed for 2 years, but i am not sure if the link to the regular rebate applies to sero...

you can find the rebates at sprintrebates.
so you have sero? also you were able to get 399-100 because you extended your contract?

Formula84 10-30-2008 02:43 PM

I extended for the diamond and got it for 349-100 and i opened the account on feb 08, although i have been with sprint since 03, i just changed lines.

So i ordered the pro at full price and when returning my defective diamond i will pay the difference...

ace741 10-30-2008 02:53 PM

I am a SERO customer and I was able to order the TP for 299 (after 100 mail-in rebate). I am not qualified for a 1 year upgrade till December. I called retentions about a week ago to see if they are able to change my contract date so I could take advantage of the huge promotion BB was having on the Touch Pros ( Since I was only a month away from being eligible for an upgrade) . I also mentioned that BB's promotion was going to expire Nov. 1. One rep told me it was possible, but during the course of being on hold with her, I got put back into the phone que for tech support... weird. Called back, of course they had no recollection of me having talked to the same lady. Explained my situation again, and she said she couldn't do it, but a supervisor approved me getting $150 off with 2/year contract renewal when I purchase the phone through Sprint.

I ordered the phone today, they recognized the notes from my last call, and gave me the $150 off and told me I would be able to send in for the $100 mail-in rebate.

jeffH70 10-30-2008 03:53 PM

Why bother? Get it from BB and use the 20% rewardzone coupon so it is $239 + tax. I am on Sero and is eligible to upgrade. My sero is still in place as BB had to call Sprint to manually activate the phone.

twe90kid 10-30-2008 05:19 PM

called 2 times. first guy said it wasn't available in their system.
called the 2nd time, the guy said the same thing