PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Exchange at Best Buy

So I have a tiny little scratch on my screen, hardly even noticeable, but my screen protector doesn't want to come clean so I can't get it to go on without looking ****ty. I don't know if I should try to get them to exchange it at BB by complaining about the unsensitive edges/speaker (which really aren't a big issue on my phone, screen is pretty good at the edge and the speaker seems to sound fine) or not.

I may buy some screen protectors on ebay that are labelled as being for the touch pro, but I'm not sure if they will fit or not.

I don't know what to do....

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gissentml is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to gissentml
Re: Exchange at Best Buy

to clean your screen protector. Get a microfiber cloth. Mine started fogging up and was really dirty...even when i cleaned with tissue. use a microfiber cloth. I promise with will buff your phone back new....try it on the scatch too.

as far as screen protectors. best buy sells a pack for 20 bucks. you can just cut them and change them when they get old. dont get the ones from ebay.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

InvisibleShield. I'll stand by them til the day I die.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gissentml View Post
to clean your screen protector. Get a microfiber cloth. Mine started fogging up and was really dirty...even when i cleaned with tissue. use a microfiber cloth. I promise with will buff your phone back new....try it on the scatch too.

as far as screen protectors. best buy sells a pack for 20 bucks. you can just cut them and change them when they get old. dont get the ones from ebay.
I used those ones from BB, and they suck. They scratch easily and are difficult to put on without bubbles. The one that comes with the phone is the best type of screen protector, IMO. It's like a static one or something.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

untouchablez is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
InvisibleShield. I'll stand by them til the day I die.
Yuuup me too. I've used them on my 6700, 700wx, Mogul, and the Touch without any problems what so ever. They are worth it imo. Now we just have to wait for them to make one for the Touch Pro & we're good lol.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I have never had a better screen protector then the one I got from PPCTechs... I have Invisishield on the back of my Touch, and I know the screen protector is better...

For the Pro I would order the Crystal Clear version...

http://www.ppctechs.com/HTC-Touch-Di...hoose_unit.htm

However I am not sure a screen protector for the pro or diamond is necessary, the screen is very scratch resistant from what I understand... Real glass vs plastic maybe?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

did i miss that the screens on our phones are glass? i was under the impression that the screen was plastic just like they were on the touch and mogul.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Theutus is just getting started

Is it just me, or do PPCtechs and InvisibleShield not make a protector for the Touch Pro yet... CDMA of course....
Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I just exchanged mine for a new phone due to a screen flipping issue I was suffering with. My new phone does not have a glass screen... But it seems very different from my last phone...

I liked my old screen better, I am going to go back tomorrow and compare them, assuming they still have my old phone.

Basically, my old phone screen was smooth as glass to my fingers... My new phone causes my stylus to snag, and the screen feels softer to my touch then the old one... I really believe I had two different screens... I hope I am wrong...
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
I just exchanged mine for a new phone due to a screen flipping issue I was suffering with. My new phone does not have a glass screen... But it seems very different from my last phone...

I liked my old screen better, I am going to go back tomorrow and compare them, assuming they still have my old phone.

Basically, my old phone screen was smooth as glass to my fingers... My new phone causes my stylus to snag, and the screen feels softer to my touch then the old one... I really believe I had two different screens... I hope I am wrong...
Are you sure you didn't have the stock screen protector installed on the old one? That protector feels much smoother and glassy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro