PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: what are you going to do now?
i'm getting it even after all the bad stuff that i have read 110 82.71%
i am going to wait a few more weeks and see if it gets better 19 14.29%
no way, i am not getting it now after all i have read. 4 3.01%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read?

man i really wanted this device, but after reading a weeks worth of bad reviews, poor battery life, low ear piece voulme.... i am woundering.

i have the option to get it for cheap, but i dont want to was my time if it's just going to get returned.

how many of you are still getting it even after all your've read?

how many of you have changed your mine about getting it so fast and waiting a few more weeks to see what happens?

how many of you are just not takeing the chance?

post replies and take the poll

thanks, Cody
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 10-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work
Re: Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read?

Just put in my order this morning through telesales. Definitely want it, even more so after reading what people have said because for the most part - most people love it. Only a few aren't happy, and from those, only a few actually don't like it, the others like it but want some bugs fixed.

Its not going to be perfect, but it sounds like it can get near perfect with the proper programs and ROM updates.

As for the bad hearing, etc. If the fixes online don't work, they need to return it as not all people have bad speakers. I will be doing that until I get one that is hardware-wise, perfect.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Come on Cody! Go for it! Nobody comes on a forum to say "hey my phone is working perfectly!" or "My phone hasen't had a single problem yet" but I know they are out there....because I'm one of them. I'm sure that there are way more people that are not having problems than those that are. I say go for it and judge for yourself! If you don't like it return it before 30 days are up! Good Luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

heem_infinite is just getting started

Go ahead and get it. I've had mine since last friday and have not had any problems except i can't get word completion to work. the battery doesn't last as long as my mogul but it will last all day with normal use. the only time mine got real hot was the first couple of days i had it. that was because i was messing with it all day non-stop. this is by far better than anything other pda phone i've had before.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Come on Cody! Go for it! Nobody comes on a forum to say "hey my phone is working perfectly!" or "My phone hasen't had a single problem yet" but I know they are out there....because I'm one of them. I'm sure that there are way more people that are not having problems than those that are. I say go for it and judge for yourself! If you don't like it return it before 30 days are up! Good Luck!
Very true, exactly... For every person that posts regarding a problem, there are several pleased people who just don't post to say so. This is true for almost anything.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

ok, ordered. yes
Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

yea I'm still getting it. Almost every electronic device has problems when they first come out, they usually end up fixing them. I'm worried about the battery life, but with my Touch I'm getting about 7 hours of life out of it before it is dead. So I don't think it'll be that big of a change for me. As long as it lasts 7 hours I'll be fine. And I realize that now someone is going to come out and say it won't but I'll be the judge of that lol.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think you need an addition to the Poll. All this bad stuff is overrated and the TP rocks. Of course I will/have gotten it.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Remember, the complainers are always the most vocal. Best phone I've ever owned, despite the battery life problems, which are my only real complaint.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:27 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm always on the (cheaper, more debugged) trailing edge. But its fun to follow you early adopters. Go forth! Blaze the trail! I'm right behind you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro