PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: what are you going to do now?
i'm getting it even after all the bad stuff that i have read 110 82.71%
i am going to wait a few more weeks and see if it gets better 19 14.29%
no way, i am not getting it now after all i have read. 4 3.01%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
Re: Are you still getting the device after all the bad stuff we have read?

my TP is great besides for battery life, 5 row keyboard (i liked the 4 row of Mogul) and some of the bloatware of sprint stock rom. big improvement over Mogul and nice upgrade over the Diamond.

i really liked the Diamond, but i couldn't see myself using it for emails/text for more then a year. i kept on hitting the wrong buttons and i refuse to have to use my stylus to type.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:40 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

dude, i have mine, listen hear this is very good info. This phone rocks.st, the screen is amazing the touch responsiveness is so good. I will admit that the battery life is not good.... FOR NOW. People who say that have no clue. It takes 2-4 weeks (IMO) to condition a battery. So in that case it is obvious IT WILL NOT HAVE GOOD BATTERY LIFE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! get it!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Since when has a PPC been released that everyone thought was perfect the first week it came out? lol

It's the same crap every time a new one is released. Everyone complains and says "omg people have so many problems! I shouldn't get one."

Of course...everyone gets them at the same exact time and is using them for the first time, so people will have their complaints. What you're hearing are the same complaints about (mostly) small unresolved issues, so it seems worse than it really is. I only have VERY minor complaints about my Touch Pro, and they don't even matter, because PPC's aren't perfect. I'm sure I'm not alone on this.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

I think the Poll says it all
Old 10-30-2008, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I think you need an addition to the Poll. All this bad stuff is overrated and the TP rocks. Of course I will/have gotten it.
I agree 100%. I've got it and love it. The hardware is great - software needs a bit of work, but thats the easy part. It really is a great device!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
post replies and take the poll

thanks, Cody
i will be getting the touch pro (just as soon as i get the $$$)
Old 10-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Come on Cody! Go for it! Nobody comes on a forum to say "hey my phone is working perfectly!" or "My phone hasen't had a single problem yet" but I know they are out there....because I'm one of them. I'm sure that there are way more people that are not having problems than those that are. I say go for it and judge for yourself! If you don't like it return it before 30 days are up! Good Luck!
This is true, the only problem that I have had so far was related to a change I made to the registry. After a hard reset, and avoiding that Reg Edit I couldnt be happier. I love the business card scanner, and cant wait to pick up a TV out cable.
________
RECALL AVANDIA

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm still undecided if i'll take the leap now that I have the diamond... the main part thats pulling me in is the fact that I always need to have the latest and greatest tech if at all possible, and luckily i'm able to afford it at this time....but i've come to love the light weight and thin-ness of the diamond. i'm only 15 days in with the diamond so i have another 15 to decide... it might come down to the wire.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor

I'm so getting a Touch Pro, I'm sick of my stupid mogul giving me 1-7 black screens of death and crashing in the middle of calls/texts, only allowing me up to 13.33 mb RAM, etc., what were they thinking when they made this?!

Anyway, I'm soooo pumped to get a phone with a truly awesome interface and higher processing power and ram than the almighty iphone! (the iphone has been revealed to have 128mb ram, and cpu only running at 416mhz to avoid extreme battery drainage!! OWNED!!)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

wheelsun is a n00b

already placed my order earlier today

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro