PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DYGIT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Keyboard Problem

Was unable to get keyboards working even though I removed the tweak and config programs, pocket cm and net cf 3.5. I did a clear memory from settings and back to sqaure one . Now it works............as I reload all the programs, if I find that something screws it up, I will post. I did notice that a few other posts were having similar problems with the software keyboards.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

RockChalk is a n00b

I had almost exact same issue. The buttons on my keyboard quit working execept the function keys. I cleared memory and all is good.

I took it up to the Sprint store but they couldn't resolve because they didn't have a manual nor had they even seen one yet.

I get the idea that after a hard reset a lot of things start working right.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DYGIT is a n00b

I cleared the entire memory and reloaded all the software I had on there before - I checked the keyboard each time aftrer I loaded each different software. No problems now......
Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero

sbulloch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYGIT View Post
Having a problem with keyboards (except for the slide out one). On the full qwerty keyboard, I can only get numbers to type - it will not let me get letters even though I am pressing the letter button. On the compact qwerty keyboard, it will let me get to the letter page but will only input numbers instead of letters. On the keyboard input, there is not space bar or caps keys. Also, pocket cm keyboard .14 does not look right or work correctly. I did soft reset but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49&postcount=5

This is the link that is used to fix the same issue you was having thank xda studz is who i got it from. If it happens again you can try this not sure what is causing this to happen.
Shane
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

You'll also possibly get this if you use the Diamond Tweak program and under the keyboard, change the T9 setting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
You'll also possibly get this if you use the Diamond Tweak program and under the keyboard, change the T9 setting.
Spot on. I reversed this and the issue went away. I dont use t9 anywho
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 12-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

petewill is a n00b

EDIT: I got it to work! Thanks for the link.

I don't know how this happened. I was using the keyboard earlier today then went to type something and it didn't let me switch to ABC. I didn't install anything new. I recently installed weather database editor but it was working fine since I used it last. I also installed .net 3. I saw in another post someone mentioned something about copying to a contact, which I did do right before this happened... I don't know if that will help anyone but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks.

Last edited by petewill; 12-19-2008 at 03:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro