PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Sensitivity on the Side

I know this has probably already been discussed before, but please don't grill me. I want to know if you guys have issues with screen sensitivity on the sides of the Touch Pro touch screen. This means that you have to push a little harder on the sides for the touchscreen to recognize input (ex. scrolling in Settings). The Touch Diamond has this issue, and I just want to hear from you all if this is happening on the Pro. The reason that I am asking is because I am thinking about getting a Pro, and I just want to know what to expect.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Screen Sensitivity on the Side

yes its a little harder, if you would have gone over the first 2 pages of this forum though, you would have seen 2 specific threads talking about this same thing though. wasnt trying to grill you though, just saying you only had to read the titles on the first 2 pages to read about the same topic twice already....not counting yours.....
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

everyone keeps acting like this is a bug or defect.
it's just that there's an extra layer of plastic over the main screen, and the actual screen is countersunk ever so slightly.
i get the feeling without that space in tehre, the phone would register a lot of false screen taps, say, while in the case, for example.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I believe that this IS a defect. While we all know why it happens, it is a design flaw that should have been resolved.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprizzzzint

nesta17 is just getting started

The problem is that the X button is in an area that suffers from decreased sensitivity.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond/Victor
Carrier: Sprint

slightlyevolved is a n00b

I've had this same problem with three touches and an Apache. They've always loosened up after about two weeks. Kinda like the plastic needs a chance to become more plyable.

I'd give two weeks then take it back if it doesn't get any better.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyevolved View Post
I've had this same problem with three touches and an Apache. They've always loosened up after about two weeks. Kinda like the plastic needs a chance to become more plyable.

I'd give two weeks then take it back if it doesn't get any better.
I hope my phone doesn't suffer from this problem, but it seems like everyone is having the issue. I want to be optimistic, but I have had a Touch Diamond now for 1 month, and the sensitivity is still weak around the edges.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

mine seems to be loosening up some, but if you are hoping to get a TP without this problem at all I think you are being unrealistic expecting it as it appears to be a design problem across the entire line as it is due to a gap around the edges. Like I said, it is loosening up though.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
mine seems to be loosening up some, but if you are hoping to get a TP without this problem at all I think you are being unrealistic expecting it as it appears to be a design problem across the entire line as it is due to a gap around the edges. Like I said, it is loosening up though.
I don't think I was being unrealistic. I am almost certain that my phone will have this issue after hearing what you guys have to say about it, and also the fact that I have a Diamond suffering from the same problem. Glad to hear that your screen is loosening up though
Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

yeah, either my screen is getting easier to touch on the edges, or im just getting used to it. either way, the "problem" is getting less and less each day lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro