PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   "Answer" button not picking up calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42186)

xynder 10-29-2008 10:32 PM

"Answer" button not picking up calls

I seem to be having an issue with my phone's "answer" button. When I get an incoming call, I have to press the green button several times before it answers. Sometimes it doesn't even pick up unless I press the physical "Call" button on the bottom-left of the phone.

Any ideas?

phat78boy 10-29-2008 10:39 PM

Re: "Answer" button not picking up calls

Try recalibrating your touch screen. Are you having problems with any other screen/touch functions? Also, any third party apps installed?

jhale83 10-30-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xynder (Post 484245)
I seem to be having an issue with my phone's "answer" button. When I get an incoming call, I have to press the green button several times before it answers. Sometimes it doesn't even pick up unless I press the physical "Call" button on the bottom-left of the phone.

Any ideas?

I am having a major issue with this lately. But in my case it's not just the on screen answer button...I can't even answer the phone with the hard button. It seems to be pretty intermittent...sometimes I can answer my phone others I can't. Anyone else seeing this?

DarkLord 10-30-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhale83 (Post 484971)
I am having a major issue with this lately. But in my case it's not just the on screen answer button...I can't even answer the phone with the hard button. It seems to be pretty intermittent...sometimes I can answer my phone others I can't. Anyone else seeing this?

i have the same problem. i'm also having a problem with the ignore button not working. i have to press is 3 or 4 times for it to actually ignore the call.

jhale83 10-30-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 485016)
i have the same problem. i'm also having a problem with the ignore button not working. i have to press is 3 or 4 times for it to actually ignore the call.

Have you installed any custom apps? I have the Diamond Tweaker installed as well as the Advanced Config app. I also installed the Audio Fix cab.

TurboFool 10-30-2008 12:31 PM

I had this problem yesterday after making a bunch of changes with Advanced Config. Both my bluetooth and the phone's answer buttons would either not work, or only work after many attempts. I tried to change back everything I could remember without luck. Finally had to give up and hard-reset the phone.

jhale83 10-30-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 485220)
I had this problem yesterday after making a bunch of changes with Advanced Config. Both my bluetooth and the phone's answer buttons would either not work, or only work after many attempts. I tried to change back everything I could remember without luck. Finally had to give up and hard-reset the phone.

That's what I was thinking I was going to have to do. Was hoping to avoid that though.

freeza 10-30-2008 01:14 PM

Umm there was a topic that dealt with this issue...I can't find it, but basically what it said in a nutshell was that...Advanced Config may have changed a setting in the registry that you should change back.....

The setting is

HKLM>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings>SuspendResume

If this key has the value of anything other than "#777" then change it back to "#777"

For instance, Advanced Config may have changed that value to "~GPRS" or something similar, if so, change it back to "#777", wait a few minutes (5 or so) then soft reset so the setting sticks, and you're good to go.

TurboFool 10-30-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 485327)
Umm there was a topic that dealt with this issue...I can't find it, but basically what it said in a nutshell was that...Advanced Config may have changed a setting in the registry that you should change back.....

The setting is

HKLM>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings>SuspendResume

If this key has the value of anything other than "#777" then change it back to "#777"

For instance, Advanced Config may have changed that value to "~GPRS" or something similar, if so, change it back to "#777", wait a few minutes (5 or so) then soft reset so the setting sticks, and you're good to go.

I remember some settings related to GPRS. I'll keep that in mind in case it happens again. Hopefully an updated version fixes that.

gobmonster 10-30-2008 01:49 PM

Hay, ive been giving this advice since i found out about it on the mogul

The disconnect tweak, either manually done or buy advance config, it eliminates your ability to answer calls while online. I did a lot of testing when i was trying to figure out what was happening, i think that the registry edit is screwy when trying to change the CDMA connection setting.

To pinpoint it, i did a bunch of hard resets with my mogul, going through all the advance configs that i would set, and always, when i set the connection to automatically disconnect when idle after my own timer, it simply didnt allow me to pick up the phone.

SO, advice is, DO NOT EDIT THIS TWEAK! LEAVE IT ALONE IF YOU WANT TO ANSWER CALLS WHILE ONLINE! The touchpro does have a handy option built in, go to settings/end button and you can set it to disconnect. If youve got the time on your hands, test this out and youll see its the internet tweak thats responsible, but sprint customizations takes so long, i doubt its worth the time, just trust me ;)