PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: "Answer" button not picking up calls

Odd, because I definitely didn't set that setting in mine...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Odd, because I definitely didn't set that setting in mine...
lol, my bad, its in diamond tweak. Still, i suggest no one make edits to the connection settigns

Im not saying its impossible for the not answering problem to be traced elsewhere, but for me, this was the issue everytime iv run across this problem... older of version of advance config had this option, i guess they took it out, i cant be mad at that though

Last edited by gobmonster; 10-30-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Umm there was a topic that dealt with this issue...I can't find it, but basically what it said in a nutshell was that...Advanced Config may have changed a setting in the registry that you should change back.....

The setting is

HKLM>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings>SuspendResume

If this key has the value of anything other than "#777" then change it back to "#777"

For instance, Advanced Config may have changed that value to "~GPRS" or something similar, if so, change it back to "#777", wait a few minutes (5 or so) then soft reset so the setting sticks, and you're good to go.
Ok I tried this and something odd happened.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
Ok I tried this and something odd happened.
Whoops...hit enter too soon. So I changed this entry and clicked ok and PHM Registry Editor started having a bunch of errors and just clicking ok didn't fix it. I had to soft reset. Now when I go into that entry it's blank. There is absolutely nothing in "Settings."
Old 10-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
lol, my bad, its in diamond tweak. Still, i suggest no one make edits to the connection settigns

Im not saying its impossible for the not answering problem to be traced elsewhere, but for me, this was the issue everytime iv run across this problem... older of version of advance config had this option, i guess they took it out, i cant be mad at that though
I did use Advanced Config to disable the Phone as Modem connection. Perhaps that was the cause?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Hay, ive been giving this advice since i found out about it on the mogul

The disconnect tweak, either manually done or buy advance config, it eliminates your ability to answer calls while online. I did a lot of testing when i was trying to figure out what was happening, i think that the registry edit is screwy when trying to change the CDMA connection setting.

To pinpoint it, i did a bunch of hard resets with my mogul, going through all the advance configs that i would set, and always, when i set the connection to automatically disconnect when idle after my own timer, it simply didnt allow me to pick up the phone.

SO, advice is, DO NOT EDIT THIS TWEAK! LEAVE IT ALONE IF YOU WANT TO ANSWER CALLS WHILE ONLINE! The touchpro does have a handy option built in, go to settings/end button and you can set it to disconnect. If youve got the time on your hands, test this out and youll see its the internet tweak thats responsible, but sprint customizations takes so long, i doubt its worth the time, just trust me
Ok, I have discovered that in fact I can not answer calls while there is a live data connection. Question...is there any way to fix this issue? I tried the #777 thing someone else mentioned but it crashed my Reg Editor (even though the change does appear to have taken place) and it still didn't fix the problem.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Looks like I will be doing a hard reset tonight...oh joy!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:51 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Ok, I have discovered that in fact I can not answer calls while there is a live data connection. Question...is there any way to fix this issue? I tried the #777 thing someone else mentioned but it crashed my Reg Editor (even though the change does appear to have taken place) and it still didn't fix the problem.
this does work.. did you try to change the reg again, preferably without data running.

it's been reported that diamond hacks and ACT both change this to a gprs.. I just exported the correct reg, so I can import whenever it gets messed up.

Last edited by shaggylive; 10-30-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
this does work.. did you try to change the reg again, preferably without data running.

it's been reported that diamond hacks and ACT both change this to a gprs.. I just exported the correct reg, so I can import whenever it gets messed up.
Data could have been running when I tried it last time. I will turn that off and try again and report back.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Data could have been running when I tried it last time. I will turn that off and try again and report back.
Ok, I turned off my data connection...went in and made the change...performed a soft reset and still no dice. I noticed when I went back in to the reg editor that it said #777P rather than just #777 though and I know I entered #777. Weird.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro