PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Pro Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jgirvine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just take me out an shoot me

Ok, just upgraded today from a Mogul. Now I remember WHY I hate new phone. I know I have been up since 3 this morning, but, come on brain.

Where is a battery icon?

Why in my contacts can I see a picture and have a custom ringer, but when they call it goes to showing me just the number and the default ringer? ( I know on the Mogul I downloaded a program that made my contacts work a lot better, and I installed my Contacts from a Backup of my Mogul, I am wondering if that is the problem somehow.)

I did the http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=515356
Did it mean to show a white blank screen under Start and then Programs? There are NO programs listed there.

How do I get the popup keyboard to go away when I don't want it.

How do I add something to my Today screen?

There are a million more but maybe some of those answers will help me find others.

Forgive me guys, I am a 55 year old woman who has no business with this phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Just take me out an shoot me

sounds like a hard reset is in your future... i would do that regardless, because that seems to fix a lot of issues related to the way htc sets the phones up apparently.

your today screen *is* touchflo3d, and while it is customizable, you won't be able to add today screen apps to it, but if you don't like it you can always disable it the same way you enable/disable today screen apps.

as for your battery icon, it should be on the taskbar... is your phone charging? stupid question, but you never know. do a hard reset and read the essentials thread and see if that answers any of your questions before you go installing random cleanup apps. the cleanup is kinda cool, but i find that it changes too much, and if you're not experienced with the phone, you'll have a hard time finding out how to set things back if thats how you wanted them.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:31 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hey did your son got you that phone? just curious. Go ahead and do a hard reset,you do this by going to setting/system/clear storage/follow the prompt. (this will wipe your phone clean)so YOU MUST have your contacts backed up.
Please refer to TP essentials on the stickies uptop for more info, and dont hesitate to ask later
Old 01-24-2009, 12:50 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

hard reset, then go here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730
Old 01-24-2009, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor

Make sure you have the custome ringtones you used on your mogul on your touch pro. It will still show the ringtone on the contacts page, but if you dont physically have it in your ringtones than it will go to default ring...
Old 01-24-2009, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jgirvine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb240z View Post
Make sure you have the custome ringtones you used on your mogul on your touch pro. It will still show the ringtone on the contacts page, but if you dont physically have it in your ringtones than it will go to default ring...
Thanks for the help. I did do a hard reset and things seem to be working much better.

How do I move the ringtones? You are right, they show up in my contacts but are not ringing. I did think I had them in the correct folder. Must not.
Thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 11:12 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirvine View Post
How do I move the ringtones? You are right, they show up in my contacts but are not ringing. I did think I had them in the correct folder. Must not.
Thanks
Internal memory /My Documents/My Ringtones will do it.

I always forget to copy mine over too
Old 01-24-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jgirvine is a n00b

Ok, new question, How do I assign a button? Can I change the "HOME" button to do something else? How about the soft keys in the bottom of the today screen, can I change them?
Thanks Again
Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirvine View Post
Ok, new question, How do I assign a button? Can I change the "HOME" button to do something else? How about the soft keys in the bottom of the today screen, can I change them?
Thanks Again
We are still trying to perfect that.... aebutton plus will almost do it

Old 01-24-2009, 12:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

use diamond tweak app. to change left/right soft keys. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=409540

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro