PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

MadTPro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
POP email Problem...

I set up my charter pop mail on my TP today.. it retrieved mail no problem on the initial setup. I then go to check for new mail which I know is there cause i sent it.. It will connect... check for changes .. Logging on then finish with no new mail..

It also sometimes will say can not download messages.

I have deleted the account and set up twice now with the same results.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Re: POP email Problem...

Just going to throw out the obvious out here....but....if you can retrieve mail without issues but not send outgoing mail, make sure your SMTP settings are correct in your settings. In addition, if your mail account requires an SSL connection or requires seperate authentication settings make sure those are set too.

Just something to check.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

jamo860511 is a n00b

I think he's saying his problem is with receiving. I'm having the same problem and need to bump this. My account used to work fine, and it stopped receiving mail, both automatically and manually. Strangely, I can still send email from the phone successfully. The email is a school email account that is partnered with gmail. Please help. Thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

can you post your settings w/o the obvious of course, well may be it isnt needed after all, one thing that I use with mine that doest come up automatically with the POP setting is add the word, recent:xxxxxx@gmail.com as user name (I will verify this in a few min since am running a BU) i got this setting from My Mogul since it added it automatically(but not the TP)...

Last edited by HBOOT; 01-10-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Can't help the OP much, but you might try checking if your school has changed any server settings or something like that. That may be what's causing your problem.....or not

Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Just checked , try to put your user name under this exact format:
recent:name@gmail.com
Old 01-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker

jamo860511 is a n00b

Well, I have the recommended settings when you click the other option for setting up gmail.... incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com account type: POP3 outgoing: smtp.gmail.com message format: html....

My friend has an iphone with the same email account which is fine... but iphones automatically set it up if you click the gmail option... this is blowing my mind since nothing has technically changed
Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 AM
DaFlowMaster

duplicate what i have and see whatcha get man, mine works falwlessly, phuk iphone, but keep your friend
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Lurker

jamo860511 is a n00b

Wow, how in the world did that work. I love you
Old 01-10-2009, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tibman is becoming a great contributor

since this is about email problems I am trying to set up my gmail account on my touch pro, I can send and recieve with no problem, but I really would like a copy of sent mail to be saved to the sent mail folder. I already selected the option for it to save a copy to the sent folder but for some reason it just doesn't. I watched it one time, I send an email and switch over to the sent folder and for a breif second the email apears, then deletes itself. What does anyone think?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro