PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got a Verizon TP (in addition to my Sprint TP & Diamond) Observations & comments

After having some time playing with the Vz TP, I do feel sorry for the Vz folks, starting with the TF3D color scheme. I found only a few "pros" when compared to the Sprint TP.

I am simply stating my opinions.

Vz TP pros:

-I like the Vz's keypad (home, send, end, back). It is all flat, as opposed to Sprint's raised d-pad. The all flat design seems to work well for navigation.

-Vz TP has a better keyboard to display fit (virtually no gap or play in the slide).

-When playing ringtone, the Vz's speaker sounds less distorted than the Sprint TP or Diamond.

Sprint TP pros:

-Vz TP is piano black all over, which = fingerprints & smudges all over.

-The Sprint TP feels nicer in hand, with more rounded corners. The Vz does not feel as good in hand with hard edges.

-Vz TP has a VERY VERY yellow screen. MUCH yellower than the three Sprint TPs and three Diamonds I've owned. The color temperature is VERY warm.

-I like the Sprint's hardware keyboard much better, with more keys. I do not like how Vz's TP seperates the "n" and "m" keys with the up arrow key.

-The Verizon software modifications makes the Vz TP a big turn off. Most of the stuff can be fixed or reversed of course.

-Sprint devices come with a screen protector, Vz TPs do not.

- - -

Misc ramblings:

-I found it interesting that Verizon defaulted to standard WM plug-ins, rather than TF3D.

-With the stock config and files, I found no color/theme combination to be pleasing. The TF3D gray theme is simply ugly.

-The Vz TP is indeed slower

-Stock free program memory is 63.31 Mbs

-I found an application "Text Messages Retry", linked to SMSRetry.exe in the Vz device. I presume this is some sort of queued auto-retry for SMS. I wonder if this will work in Sprint phones. I will ask about this in a seperate thread.

This is all for now...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work
Re: Just got a Verizon TP (in addition to my Sprint TP & Diamond) Observations & comm

Thanks for the info... although you're 2 months late on the comparison...
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
Old 01-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Just got a Verizon TP (in addition to my Sprint TP & Diamond) Observations & comm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramborami View Post
Thanks for the info... although you're 2 months late on the comparison...
Yea, I know there were many when it first came out. Figure I offer my take. I am very curious about the SMSRetry thing...

Cheers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro