PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 04:03 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro keyboard taking a crap on me?

I've had this phone for about 3-4 weeks now. When using the keyboard sometimes random numbers pop into my words/input. Usually a 5 or a 7 will just pop up into a word... for example: "He5y what are you doin7g today?"

I known I'm not pushing the button by accident since I will watch what I type. I'm guessing this is a hardware issue with the insides of the keyboard possibly being pressed while I press keys next to it?

Is this a tell tale sign that my keyboard may poop out on me?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Touch Pro keyboard taking a crap on me?

My keyboard crapped out on me a while back, I could've swore it was cause of the ROM I flashed, but after flashing back to stock, the problem persisted. Sprint replaced my phone though. My keyboard wouldn't type unless I pressed the space key really hard, and sometimes keys would stick and continue typing itself.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
My keyboard crapped out on me a while back, I could've swore it was cause of the ROM I flashed, but after flashing back to stock, the problem persisted. Sprint replaced my phone though. My keyboard wouldn't type unless I pressed the space key really hard, and sometimes keys would stick and continue typing itself.
Was it within the initial 30 days of purchase?
Did you have insurance on your phone?
Did they charge you the 100 dollar deductible?

lol.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
Was it within the initial 30 days of purchase?
Did you have insurance on your phone?
Did they charge you the 100 dollar deductible?

lol.
I have TEP, so it was covered for free under the extended warranty.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:00 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

What is TEP?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

niya319 is a n00b

Total Equipment Protection
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Jedi Master

TEP is as niya said, Total Equipment Protection, it combines third party insurance with sprint's extended warranty program. Wear and tear is covered for free under the extended warranty where as water damage or lost/stolen phones are handled by insurance, which charges a premium ($100 now).
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz

thats funny, i was asking the sprint rep about it and said if the phone was water damaged it would still be covered for free. i didn't bother asking another rep yet but i'm guessing she didn't know what she was talking about.

as for the keyboard sprint TP keyboards seem to be crappy just exchange it. should cost you nothing.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
thats funny, i was asking the sprint rep about it and said if the phone was water damaged it would still be covered for free. i didn't bother asking another rep yet but i'm guessing she didn't know what she was talking about.

as for the keyboard sprint TP keyboards seem to be crappy just exchange it. should cost you nothing.
reps have no idea what they're talking about half the time. If they don't catch the water damage they can probably replace it for free. Policy-wise they aren't though.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post

to exchange the TP?

even if I don't have TEP?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro