PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

citivolus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
keeps waking up by itself?

Every time I look at the Touch Pro it is sitting awake. All timers are set to turn off after certain amounts of time but they seem to be ignored.

Why is it constantly waking up by itself? I have the same problem with my wife's Mogul.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: keeps waking up by itself?

considering you have the same issue with a different model of phone start with telling us what all is installed on your phone besides stock (or tell us which custom rom you use) along with any regedits you have done.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

citivolus is just getting started

on the Touch Pro, I've only installed:
SlingPlayer
Esmertec JBED
Opera Mini
Resco Explorer

I've read that the problem is widely reported on the Mogul with no apparent solution (that I've found).

is no one else having this problem with their Touch Pro?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

big3etr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to big3etr Send a message via MSN to big3etr Send a message via Yahoo to big3etr

I notice that even with the phone set to have all buttons locked when in 'sleep' mode, the phone will awke up by sliding the keyboard out. This is annoying...
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Welcome to Windows Mobile.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I do know that the phones wake up on sms, not sure about e-mail. did you get a text/do you have push e-mail enabled and got a message within the sleep/check time?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Gh05t is just getting started

Maybe its something with the service or something cause when im driving it always wakes up in certain areas and doesnt wake up in others
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

HTCFord is just getting started

I have the same issue with my Touch Pro and I had the same issue with my PPC6700.
My touch pro did this when it was right out of the box. It would just turn on.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Blabber mouth

I think switching from roaming to in network or vice verse causes this too. Are you in.traveling through a low signal area?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work

I think it's whenever a new data connection is established. The best way to prevent this is to keep it to always on, but even then whenever there's an active data session the screen will also turn on :/ . So disable any apps that automatically update like the weather screen for t3fd (if that's possible).

It could also be because of activesync. If you don't use push email setup a dummy exchange account and change the preferences to manual.

That might not even do it for you. It could be the radio of the device - the part that's responsible for voice/data. So turning it off during times you don't need the phone part could be of use while saving you some battery life.

Even after all that it'll still randomly turn on sometimes to check certain administrative functions, scheduled tasks, etc. You can't really prevent that unless you're running nothing on the device.

Also check the Today screen time out. If it's set to a default of four hours, the PPC will turn on every four hours to update it.

Finally, there are many 3rd party apps that are very good at managing power settings automatically. I personally use phonealarm and it's merit is u can set specific power options for certain profiles - all of which are configurable by the user. So, under a certain profile you can have it to the backlight only lasts 10 seconds then turns off. So, that could defintely help with battery life too.

good luck. It's one of those quirks with windows mobile like someone mentioned earlier.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro