PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Picturemail doesn't like .net 3.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
It's probably not the net 3.5.. Several of us Diamond users are having pic mail issues where our phones seem to wake up as if we are getting mail but nothing comes down..received picmail messages are in our inbox on the website though. Prior to Friday I had not had any issues and had made now changes to my phone .. same for my guy's TP.. Pic mail worked until Friday... both phones running almost identical software.
I take it back... 3.5 did seem to mess things up. I have picmail working on the Diamond and the Pro now... Same fix for slightly different problems. (Pro wouldn't send or receive, diamond would send but not receive).
Steps:
1. uninstall 3.5 and picturemail, soft reset.
2. go to epst ##3282# and edit/restore. soft reset.
3. Reinstall 3.5 I used the attached version. soft reset
4. Reinstall picmail update cab. soft reset
5. Start/settings/update profile. soft reset.
Might be overkill on soft reset but it I wasn't about to mess with what works. Picmail working fine on both devices since Saturday.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1228010207

Last edited by eenieMINI; 01-04-2009 at 11:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
I take it back... 3.5 did seem to mess things up. I have picmail working on the Diamond and the Pro now... Same fix for slightly different problems. (Pro wouldn't send or receive, diamond would send but not receive).
Steps:
1. uninstall 3.5 and picturemail, soft reset.
2. go to epst ##3282# and edit/restore. soft reset.
3. Reinstall 3.5 I used the attached version. soft reset
4. Reinstall picmail update cab. soft reset
5. Start/settings/update profile. soft reset.
Might be overkill on soft reset but it I wasn't about to mess with what works. Picmail working fine on both devices since Saturday.
Do the mesages that are sent go to the sent folder or stay in the inbox? Kind of like threaded SMS. I would think that the picmails sent should go to the sent folder, drafts to drafts and new to the inbox. Or at least that is the way I would expect it to be.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

DeputyStankus is just getting started

+1 for picmail not working on TP...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do the method posted above.. corrected my issue as well !
Old 12-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had started a thread a few days ago about the "lagginess" of Sprint picture(less) messaging...my thread was closed. But this needs to be discussed and the issue needs to be solved.

The TP is perfect for me....my only complaint is the lack of a perfectly functioning picture mail app.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DSGamer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
do the method posted above.. corrected my issue as well !
This helped me as well. Except I skipped the step of dialing the number into the phone.
PDA/Smartphone History: Casio Cassiopeia A-10 -> HP Jornada 430 -> HP Jornada 720 -> HP Joranda 545 -> HP Jornada 720 -> Compaq iPaq 3760 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Zire 31 -> Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro -> T-Mobile G1 -> HTC Touch Pro -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro
Old 12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nausds is a n00b

Found a permanent REAL fix to everyones picture mail problem with the Touch Pro.

Spoke with Tier 2 or 3 tech support at Sprint who said that the size of the picture being sent was too big big to be received on other networks and even some other Sprint phones (makes sense).

Before taking your picture that you want to send go into the options of the picture (looks like a gear wheel or something).
Choose Advanced and then Resolution. I changed mine to Large (640X480) and the person I sent the picture to on Verizon received it within a few minutes.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dahray02 is keeping up the good workdahray02 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dahray02 Send a message via Yahoo to dahray02

do you have Profiler installed...if so uninstall that, soft reset and it should work
Old 12-19-2008, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausds View Post
Found a permanent REAL fix to everyones picture mail problem with the Touch Pro.

Spoke with Tier 2 or 3 tech support at Sprint who said that the size of the picture being sent was too big big to be received on other networks and even some other Sprint phones (makes sense).

Before taking your picture that you want to send go into the options of the picture (looks like a gear wheel or something).
Choose Advanced and then Resolution. I changed mine to Large (640X480) and the person I sent the picture to on Verizon received it within a few minutes.

Hope this helps.
i cant recall where the option is .. someone else might know... but u dont have to take the picture in small resolution .. u can take in high resolution and there is a setting in the phone that automatically adjusts all pictures that are sent to a certain resolution .. not the setting option u are talking about...

just found it:

go to programs:
pictures and videos
menu/tools/options:
When sending pictures in email, pictures can be resized so that they transfer faster. use this picture size: large (640 x 480)
picture mail is part of the email app on WM....

now make your resolution in the camera settings high again .. take the picture .... and try and send the picture to your same verizon friend... if he gets then u know the above option is correct ... if he didnt get then maybe the above is strictly for email and not picmail... let us know... thanks

Last edited by itouch24; 12-19-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im having the same problem with pic mail not sending. I receive just fine but cannot send. I've got a pro. I've tried the net uninstall, pic mail uninstall, then reinstall but that did not work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro