PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

revgam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Picturemail doesn't like .net 3.5!

May be a little off topic here, but I think .net 3.5 installation affected my GPS. After installing .net 3.5 my GPS would soft reset my phone after running for about 30 seconds. This happened three times in a row. I removed .net 3.5 and it started acting normal again. Has anyone else run into this?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

i just tried mine. it works - sort of. as i test, i sent it to myself and i can send it fine but it doesn't go into the sent folder. and i also can't delete the file. it's crazy.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgam View Post
May be a little off topic here, but I think .net 3.5 installation affected my GPS. After installing .net 3.5 my GPS would soft reset my phone after running for about 30 seconds. This happened three times in a row. I removed .net 3.5 and it started acting normal again. Has anyone else run into this?
off topic my GPS has done that with and without .net 3.5 installed.

On Topic My pic mail would act this way with or without .net3.5 installed. It drove me crazy for 3 days this week until it just started sending and receiving correctly. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with sprint with nothing working. So I don't know the fix but I do know mine is working now with .net 3.5 installed.
also it seems like mine started working when I was in a very good signal area and has worked since may of been coincidence but strange behavior
Old 10-31-2008, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

robbzbusa is becoming a great contributor

mine works too....takes a few minutes but just sent da wifey a pic and she got it...also am running 3.5...takes a lil longer but none da less its working...well i tried again but seems like it takes 5 to 6 minutes before its actually sent...is this normal? it works but seems a lil sluggish...thought was a lil faster before i installed 3.5 but could be just me...

Last edited by robbzbusa; 10-31-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

riotek is a n00b

Does anyone have the Framwork 3.5 install cab?
Previous Devices: iPhone 3G - iPhone 2G - HTC Touch Pro - Treo 800w - PPC-6800 - Treo 700wx - PPC-6700 - BlackBerry 7300 - Treo 700p - BlackBerry 7100i - Audiovox PPC-6600 - Treo 650 - Treo 600 - Treo 300 - Kyocera QCP-6035
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Try the version of net in my sig.

That is, of course, if it isn't the same one you tried before!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i am having the same issue with picmail .... i also have NET 3.5 installed and picmail update ...

the picmail update states taht it ads audible sound for incomign message ,.. where do u set that.. i dont see in notifications/sounds... but that really doesnt matter since i cant send or recieve picture mail on my phone now ... grrr ..

my messages show pending state
Old 11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It's probably not the net 3.5.. Several of us Diamond users are having pic mail issues where our phones seem to wake up as if we are getting mail but nothing comes down..received picmail messages are in our inbox on the website though. Prior to Friday I had not had any issues and had made now changes to my phone .. same for my guy's TP.. Pic mail worked until Friday... both phones running almost identical software.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jawxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jawxx

Same problems here. Pic mail takes somewhere between a long time and just not going to get sent. Says pending for several minutes... sometimes a half hour or more.

My phone will wake up with seemingly no reason to, but then a few minutes later I'll get the notification for a pic mail. Also, I didn't receive one that a friend sent.

I have been using SomeGuy SMMS like I was on my Mogul. It makes sending quicker and easier, cuz it works, but I would like the stock picmail program to do the job. I am assured my messages will send in a timely manner with SMMS, however it's still up to the Gods when it comes to receiving.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

I have been having issue with Picturemail off an on for several days. called Sprint they reset my picmail and all was working again...for only the first fe picture both sent and received.

As stated in thisn thread I have had the same symptoms:

1) Picmail stays in inbox even after sent. I never have anything in my sent folder.
2) Picmail takes forever to send if it sends at all. In most cases I go look at the picmail site and the picture say I have a new picmail (one I just sent to myself.) But I never get in on my TP. I even have had friends send me pics that I never got on the phone but are on the picmail site.
3) Picmail seems to be "threaded"? Simmilar to that of threaded SMS messages. As already stated all mail seems to remain in the Inbox. If I get a picmail from somone other than me and send a replay picmail, they show up as somewhat threaded when you open the message.
4) Picmail seems to work like SNMP protocols... fire and forget. If for some reason that you do not get the notification OR the phone can not be found at the time there is not an other attempt to send the mesage once received in you picmail inbox. (On the picmail site)

I know that some say they have .net 3.5 installed and things are working fine. BUT I thought so too and had both the picmail update AND .net 3.5 installed. All of the above symptoms listed above were with .net 3.5 installed. Once I removed the .net 3.5 most of the above symptoms went away except the threaded message thing. And I am not too sure if this is the way that the picmail is suppose to work. In addition, the picmail application send and receive was much quicker than having .net 3.5 installed.

Now as with some of you I have applications that need .net 3.5 to run. But after I removed .net 3.5 and reinstalled it, all of the symptoms came back. So I think that the post the OP listed is pretty much correct.

If Sprint designed picmail to a spec of .net that was in a lower revision of .net that is no longer in version 3.5 or a spec that has been revised, it is plausable to say the .net 3.5 vould be a contributor of some of the issues we are seeing. I understand that some of the Diamond users are not seeing these issues, but I still am not sure of that since I have no way of testing.

So I am asking those of you to do your own testing that have .net 3.5 installed. See if things improve after the uninstall. If so, I will see if my buddy that works in the lab at Sprint can do his testing to see if we can get this fixed once and for all.

Last edited by CountryDevil; 11-11-2008 at 12:51 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro