PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious
Carrier: Sprint

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VGA HTC Home w/ Haptic Hardware!!!!!

As Ive been playing with my new TouchPro Ive really noticed that TF3D is very limited in functionality. There has been some tinkering to try and put different programs on the tabs and such but it still does not come close to the functionality of good ole HTC Home. I myself disabled it and use UltimateLaunch. As u may or may not know it acts just like skyfire and is TINY TINY on the screen. There was a VGA version pulled off an Athena I believe over at XDA but its simple, ugly, and HTC Home Customixer doesnt function. my questions are:
1. Is there a real VGA version of HTC Home for our TouchPro?
2. Is there a HTC Home Customizer that works for VGA?
3. What needs to be done to get this under way bcuz Im not the first to mention TF3D's weaknesses and a wish for HTC Home?

P.S.: Already went to pocketemu.com
Edit: HTC Home Customizer (HHC) does not work on this version

12/18/08 UPDATE:
This is another version that was posted by stevedog1 in another thread started earlier today called PJC HTCHome. Its from a developer by the name of PJC007 from XDA. I tried this version a while ago but it didnt want to install. Maybe i had a corrupt file or something. It looks about the same but it does have some differences and its only one cab to install. The first difference is that it does not have the music tab but it does have the other five. Next the colon between the clock numbers is spaced farther apart. Also there seems to be some kind of hard button feedback that was stuck in without it being listed. When u press a hard button it will vibrate quickly. If u dont like the vibration u can simply toggle it off from the sound setting tab. I also noticed that it fixes the lack of vibration control on the sound setting tab. Other than that it works fine with no problems. YOU CANT USE HHC still but this is a decent version so check it out.

12/21/08 UPDATE:
The PJC version has been leaving the haptic hardware in place after uninstall. So know this in advance before installing. Banzaiwolfe has found the registry edit to fix this problem HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\KeyState
Change KeyVibratorState to 0.

Lafester has also found a version that works with HHC called htchome2. Its full size people! Its still not perfect as the icons have a fuzzy edge . Its not bad at all but its noticeable compared to the rest of the screen. When put into UL or like programs the icons reduce as they read a QVGA program on a VGA screen. Not bad so hit it up.

12/29/08 UPDATE:
BANZAIWOLFE has edited the clock and is willing to do more. Check out his post linked below and hit him up with your requests!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...391#post605391
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC_Home_Plugin_for_VGA.zip (3.88 MB, 1579 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab PJC_HTCHome.cab (3.67 MB, 449 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab htchome2.cab (1.44 MB, 698 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TreyBeno; 12-29-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: New Version Added and Haptic Registry Edit
This post has been thanked 31 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
Re: VGA HTC Home for TouchPro

I admit that it took a while to get used to TF3D coming from HTC Home, but i rather like it now. It has all the same features and more.

That being said, I'm not sure if there is a VGA Home plugin out there. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:20 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I don't want to sound rude, but what exactly does HTC Home do that TF3D doesn't? I can't think of a single thing.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

save ram? lol jp

Just getting hopes up till i get mine
Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I don't want to sound rude, but what exactly does HTC Home do that TF3D doesn't? I can't think of a single thing.
Its really about the functionality of TF3D. TF3D is some nice eye candy but its just that and thats it. Say for instance that I shut off TF3D. That in itself would free up memory ( I know we have memory to spare now on our Pros). You can only see one appointment at a time on TF3D where if I were using Today Agenda I could see all of them. The buggy weather tab cant hold a candle to Weatherpanel and its customizations. And who wants their pictures where anybody can just pick it up and just flip through them. Pretty much TF3D is a wanna be iphone UI and if thats the case i would have got an iphone. Im into the pro for memory and power. With programs like UltimateLaunch u can truly get the most out of this type of hardware and out TF3D to shame. TF3D is just something to distract u from mobile 6 many many problems.

P.S.: I found a VGA version of HTC Home that works and will post the files in a few
Old 10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Its really about the functionality of TF3D. TF3D is some nice eye candy but its just that and thats it. Say for instance that I shut off TF3D. That in itself would free up memory ( I know we have memory to spare now on our Pros). You can only see one appointment at a time on TF3D where if I were using Today Agenda I could see all of them. The buggy weather tab cant hold a candle to Weatherpanel and its customizations. And who wants their pictures where anybody can just pick it up and just flip through them. Pretty much TF3D is a wanna be iphone UI and if thats the case i would have got an iphone. Im into the pro for memory and power. With programs like UltimateLaunch u can truly get the most out of this type of hardware and out TF3D to shame. TF3D is just something to distract u from mobile 6 many many problems.

P.S.: I found a VGA version of HTC Home that works and will post the files in a few

Thanks, might want to try this out JIC i dont like TF3D
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

apex seals is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post

please do

i can host it if needed
Old 10-29-2008, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Raspster is becoming a great contributor

Does the version you have show the clock and icons very small? I have seen a VGA version of the original home but everything was real small. If you have one that fits correctly, kudo's my friend!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ok here it is. I found a couple of versions floating around out there but this one seems the best so far. I have been using it all afternoon with no problems. Let me also state that HTC HOME CUSTOMIZER DOES NOT WORK ON THIS VERSION!! This was posted on 4winmobile.com by Hiroshi.rio. I take no credit for this at all Im just posting. I believe he may have found it at XDA but he did not say. The name on the cab says its from somebody named Massi. If from what Ive read this is for the Athena device. Instructions are in the zip. Its pretty straight forward with 2 cabs to install. The landscape view is different but a pleasant surprise. here ya go. This was also tested on a Diamond. If u like it or this helps just hit the green button please. Thanks

P.S.: Ive updated the first post. Please read instructions first and understand that u cant use a customizer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC_Home_Plugin_for_VGA.zip (3.88 MB, 893 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TreyBeno; 10-29-2008 at 08:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 21 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
Does the version you have show the clock and icons very small? I have seen a VGA version of the original home but everything was real small. If you have one that fits correctly, kudo's my friend!
This is full size and fully functional except for HHC customizations
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro