PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hyun1120 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question BB, upgrade eligibility question

Quick question on upgrade eligibility.

Im pretty sure most of us that are getting the diamond touch pro is moving from either a touch or a mogul to diamond touch pro.

If that is the case, we shoulnt be eligible for full upgrade credit of $150 /w 2 year contract, cuz we would not meet the requirement of having the phone for over 22 months.

I was one of the early adapter to mogul, and I am not eligible for $150 credit until mid of year 2009.

I just want to know how ppl are getting the $299 deal + 20%, when they are not even eligible for the full upgrade.

I have one on hold for me until tonight, I just want to make sure I get all the discount I could get.

Thanks in advance for any input
Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
Re: BB, upgrade eligibility question

I had a 6700 go bad and was given a Mogul in a Sprint repair center. No contract renewal needed.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

alexrud is a n00b

I bought my Mogul on 7/3/2007 directly from Sprint (from Telesales), and agreed to a two year agreement at that time. After seeing that some folks here were being told by Sprint and BB folks that they were eligible to upgrade their phone and get the upgrade rebates before they were supposed to, I checked my account. According to Sprint's website I have been eligible for the 2 year $150 upgrade credit since 7/2007! Needless to say there was some kind of error in the system, not just for me but also for a bunch of other people . Thanks to that error I got a new Touch Pro for $239.99 - 8 months before my two year contract expires

Last edited by alexrud; 10-29-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun1120 View Post
Quick question on upgrade eligibility.

Im pretty sure most of us that are getting the diamond touch pro is moving from either a touch or a mogul to diamond touch pro.

If that is the case, we shoulnt be eligible for full upgrade credit of $150 /w 2 year contract, cuz we would not meet the requirement of having the phone for over 22 months.

I was one of the early adapter to mogul, and I am not eligible for $150 credit until mid of year 2009.

I just want to know how ppl are getting the $299 deal + 20%, when they are not even eligible for the full upgrade.

I have one on hold for me until tonight, I just want to make sure I get all the discount I could get.

Thanks in advance for any input
I was in the same boat as you...I should have payed $450 - 20% off from BB but the guy accidentally rang it up as $299. I would have said something, but I was so anxious to play with the phone and just get the thing charged and out the door, I didn't notice...

On a side note...When I went from my 6700 to 6800 (ordered through Telesales) they gave me the full discount even thought I wasn't eligible for the 22 Month upgrade.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul -> HTC TOUCH PRO

lili4311 is a n00b

Sprint Premeir customers get an upgrade eligibility after only one year
Old 10-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Best buy will go by whatever sprint's system says - they do not do a $75 or $150 discount though. The prices are like $450 (not sure exactly on this one anymore) and $300 I think for 1 year and 2 year eligibility respectively, no rebates needed. The 20% discount is taken off of this price. The 1 year comes out to $365+tax and the 2 year comes out to $240+tax after discount.

I imagine most people getting the $240 deal are 2 year eligible. The best buy rep explained that they have no way of overriding what sprint says and the reps they call are non-negotiable on this.

I paid $365+tax (=$400.xx after tax) for mine.

And yes, certain customers become eligible faster.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I'm on SERO. We're eligible for full upgrade after a year, and although I got my Touch last November, it wasn't an upgrade. I got a deal through retentions, so they went off the date I got my Mogul, which was July or something of 2007.

Then I got the 20% off...so I got it for $239.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work

Depends on How you got your Mogul or Touch...I got a New Sprint Contract back in 2005 with a Treo, but what I did was I bought my HTC Touch Straight out from EBay no new contract. So I am eligible to recieve all discounts because I never re-established a new sprint contract. Still working on the 2005 contract. My question is where do you have the Touch Pro on Hold at? I have been looking everywhere for a Touch Pro cause I am going to buy one, but I keep getting told it isn't coming out until the 3rd of November.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
I paid $365+tax (=$400.xx after tax) for mine.
Holy hell...$35+ in tax? Where do you live that you have 10% taxes? Jesus
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I'm on SERO. We're eligible for full upgrade after a year, and although I got my Touch last November, it wasn't an upgrade. I got a deal through retentions, so they went off the date I got my Mogul, which was July or something of 2007.

Then I got the 20% off...so I got it for $239.
are we really? is that it? if so I thought I loved my sero plan before, but if we get full upgrades every 1 year, now i swear i'll never leave sprint, never ever

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro