PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: BB, upgrade eligibility question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Then please let me know what our upgrade eligibility is. I got a full upgrade in less than 18 months, and the guy at the Sprint store told me a year for SERO. I sure as hell know it isn't 2 years.
Upgrade follows the normal 2 year pattern, at least on 2 out of my 3 sero lines. I got my full upgrade in 13 months, but from my understanding, this was due to me doing so many TEP swaps on my mogul.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

hyun1120 is a n00b

thanks for the inputs,, on my way to BB right now.

will report what happens,,, hopefully theyll let me have the 240 deal..
Old 10-29-2008, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work

I've never heard of the SERO 1 year full upgrade thing. Where does it say this officially? Anyone have a document to prove it? I've had SERO a long time and mine shows 2 years before full upgrade just like everyone else.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

mabrown24 is a n00b

got mine for 299 less 20% equals $240 at BB. Complained to Sprint about s/w issues with my mogul until they gave me a $50 credit....so i would def talk to sprint and keep bugging them until they exceed ur expectations...hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
I'm on SERO. We're eligible for full upgrade after a year, and although I got my Touch last November, it wasn't an upgrade. I got a deal through retentions, so they went off the date I got my Mogul, which was July or something of 2007.

Then I got the 20% off...so I got it for $239.
That's not generally true as I was only eligible for the 1 year and have had my phone over a year on $50 SERO.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Then please let me know what our upgrade eligibility is. I got a full upgrade in less than 18 months, and the guy at the Sprint store told me a year for SERO. I sure as hell know it isn't 2 years.
22 months - the same as for all customers... you may get faster eligibility if you have been with sprint for a long time paying your bills on time with multiple lines etc (my friend gets a full upgrade after 1 year now I guess although he is not on SERO).
Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I believe it is user error.

The BB Mobile sales person confuses two year eligibilty with two year upgrade, or just rings up the wrong price, seems to me he has three choices when ringing on up. I think alot of BB sales posted here have been errors in favor of the customer and have nothing to do with their plans...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

hyun1120 is a n00b
Angry Re: BB, upgrade eligibility question

just got back,,

drove 35 mins to get there,,,

I didnt get it,, not because of the eligiblity, but the sales associate would not give me the 20%.

He said that he has never heard of it,, and he was the manager,, and he will not do it for me..

anyways,, ill be waiting until my local BB gets it in,, and will try them again..
Old 10-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun1120 View Post
just got back,,

drove 35 mins to get there,,,

I didnt get it,, not because of the eligiblity, but the sales associate would not give me the 20%.

He said that he has never heard of it,, and he was the manager,, and he will not do it for me..

anyways,, ill be waiting until my local BB gets it in,, and will try them again..
You should have pulled out the print out or made him check it online.

I think what most people are saying about the upgrade is that it is not written in stone but it seems like everyone with a ppc that had sero was eligible to upgrade after 1 year including myself. So if its a glitch or if its just happening oh well, at least it benefiting most of us.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
I believe it is user error.

The BB Mobile sales person confuses two year eligibilty with two year upgrade, or just rings up the wrong price, seems to me he has three choices when ringing on up. I think alot of BB sales posted here have been errors in favor of the customer and have nothing to do with their plans...
This was before Best Buy. I confirmed it with a Sprint store rep, two CSR's on the phone, Telesales, and sprint.com. All of them said I had full upgrade eligibility.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro