PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update: Hard-reset your Pro when you get it (conspiracy?)

Okay, basically, I think the phones are delivered in a non hard-resetted mode.

I just picked up a replacement today, and when the Best Buy representative pulled it out of the pretty box, and hit power, it only took about 5 seconds to get to the screen calibration. I was really confused, because I had my OLD Pro sitting on the desk that I had hard-reset about two minutes before she pulled open the new box, and it STILL had not got to this point.

Case in hand, I strongly recommend that you hard reset your phone once, twice, or even three times after you purchase it. You don't have to worry about re-activating, because that happens automatically.

What it CAN fix:
- SOME earpiece/speakerphone issues
- Keyboard lag
- Strange quirks, such as screen rotation issues, and other oddities...

How to do it:
Method 1:
Start > Settings > System > Clear Storage > 1234 > OK

Method 2:
- Turn the phone (completely) off with the power button.
- Push and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and the CENTER/OK button at the same time.
- While holding those two buttons down, push and hold the POWER BUTTON until you see the hard reset screen. Follow directions.

Method 3:
- Hold VOLUME DOWN, and CENTER/OK. Reset with the stylus, then immediately start holding the POWER BUTTON.

Method 3 is the fastest/easiest way I have found.

Thanks,

Steven

Last edited by ScrapMaker; 10-31-2008 at 01:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 20 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: PSA: Hard-reset your Pro when you get it

One of the first things I did after I got mine from best buy.

I wonder if that's why I haven't been experiencing any of the issues other people have.

At any rate, the only reason I DID hard reset is because the weather wasn't working and I figured a hard reset would fix it.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I haven't had any of these problems, honestly.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i havent gotten mine as of yet .. but what is the process to hard reset this specific device.. i know each model has there own method...can u share how to hard reset the htc touch pro
Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Power button + Volume Down + OK (center Dpad) + reset holw with the stylus. A littly tricky but not too bad
Old 10-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Power button + Volume Down + OK (center Dpad) + reset holw with the stylus. A littly tricky but not too bad
I didn't think the reset button was part of the process. Just hold down the volume, OK, and then hit power.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow some process.. that would be the first hard reset i came across that doesnt use the reset button... can anyone confirm the hardreset process?.. reset button or not... seems there is a minor little conflict.. haha
Old 10-29-2008, 02:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pr0

uptown is just getting started

I have not done a hard reset and I have had none of those issues.

On a side note I have had it since last thursday when best buy started selling it.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

ok ok ok ...im about to do the hard reset but how can i backup all my calender events and contacts. Active Sync doesnt do contacts does it.

-Chez
Old 10-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
ok ok ok ...im about to do the hard reset but how can i backup all my calender events and contacts. Active Sync doesnt do contacts does it.

-Chez
Yes active sync should backup your contacts if you have outlook installed, which you should have if you ask me.

Shell

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro