PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PSA: Hard-reset your Pro when you get it

all the reset button does is kill the power to the phone momentarily, to skip the reset, you just need to start from a powered off state.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I would have thought the phone would be fine, out of the box (since it was hard-reset by the factory,) but I had issues with a lot of things. Especially sluggishness. Sometimes I would type an entire sentence with the hardware keyboard before it showed the text on the screen.

I also had other little "quirks."

Here's a list of things that were fixed by a hard-reset:

-Low earpiece/speaker volume (now it's just as loud as it was with the "Lite" fix floating around by badboy, but without having the fix installed.
-Loud crackling sounds from speaker, even at moderate volumes. (gone. still sounds like too much bass, but no crackles.)
-Ability to get the T9 menu by hitting FN+Spacebar (did nothing before.)
-Text appears quickly with hardware keyboard now.

I'm sure it fixed other stuff too... but I just thought I would throw this out there, because most people, including myself, would assume the phone would work fine off the stock ROM/hard-reset.

This just gives more credence to the practice of hard-resetting your phone a few times after a custom ROM flash...
Did you let customizations run? For some reason when I reboot before customizations kick in, it won't let me load Windows until it finishes customization.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Add me to the list of people who didn't hard reset and has none of these problems. The keyboard can be a little sluggish at times, but it's not bad.

My hardware date is 10/13/08
Old 10-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

I agree with the OP on doing a hard reset after leaving the store. My Touch Pro had some quirks that I thought were standard with the new phone. A few days later I messed up the phone, and had to hard reset. Now quite a few of those quirks are gone, and the phone seems to be better off overall. So listen to the OP!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Well, I'm now hard resetting for an entirely different reason (made some changes with Advanced Configuration and now I can't answer incoming calls), so we'll see if I notice any differences.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jawxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jawxx

I have the text delay... and it sucks... I suppose now is the time to hard reset if I do it. I've modded and hacked but not too much yet. Probably get it back where it is now in like 20 minutes or so... but Idk if I want to lol. Still wanna hear more opinions about if this helped.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Well, I'm now hard resetting for an entirely different reason (made some changes with Advanced Configuration and now I can't answer incoming calls), so we'll see if I notice any differences.
Uh, could you say which uber dangerous configuration that was? I dont want that to happen to me!!!

And i have hard reset my phone at all, nothing noticeable bothering me

Edit* I know what it is, i just called my phone to see if i have the same problem and i do.

Its the internet disconnect time tweak, it did the same to my mogul... looks like i'll have to hard reset after all. I just got it running soooooo good to! I think im going to wait till i have the time to reinstall all my software, i have a lot already

Last edited by gobmonster; 10-29-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Thanks for the info when I get my touch pro imma do a hard reset 1st

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)

nerdtalker is keeping up the good worknerdtalker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawxx View Post
I have the text delay... and it sucks... I suppose now is the time to hard reset if I do it. I've modded and hacked but not too much yet. Probably get it back where it is now in like 20 minutes or so... but Idk if I want to lol. Still wanna hear more opinions about if this helped.
I have keyboard lag, especially when composing messages in the threaded SMS view. Is this the lag that everyone is alluding to, or is there a different sort?

I think I will try hard resetting, but I have to back everything up using SPB Backup first, as I don't keep good activesync habits.

A box of mine:
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
I have keyboard lag, especially when composing messages in the threaded SMS view. Is this the lag that everyone is alluding to, or is there a different sort?

I think I will try hard resetting, but I have to back everything up using SPB Backup first, as I don't keep good activesync habits.
Yes, it was quite bad. It was UNBELIEVABLY bad when I had T9 on, but was still bad with ABC mode.

Now ABC mode is nearly instant, and T9 is still quite fast.

I am updating the first post to instruct how to hard-reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro