PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   add gyrator 2 to start up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42113)

jammerjamming 10-29-2008 12:20 PM

add gyrator 2 to start up

i tried to add it to my startup folder, but i get an error on boot. how do i add it in a way to where it starts after all my other programs load.

Young_breedent 10-29-2008 12:33 PM

Re: add gyrator 2 to start up

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammerjamming (Post 482888)
i tried to add it to my startup folder, but i get an error on boot. how do i add it in a way to where it starts after all my other programs load.

1. Go into file explorer click on the drop down menu in the top left hand corner and click on My device

2. Open the windows folder

3. Open the Start menu folder

4. Open the programs folder

5. Copy Gyrator 2 and go back to the windows folder

6. Click on the StartUp folder and paste the Gyrator 2 file

restart your device and it should work no problem hope this helps

DaPeeps 10-29-2008 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this program. I've used it for every Windows Mobile phone I've ever had ...its great.

To add something, go to actions, select add, and in the target section, hit enter. It will bring up a file browser allowing you to select different directories. Go to the directory you want, hit open, find the file you want to startup, and hit open. Viola!

lweisenb 10-29-2008 12:33 PM

you need .net framework 3.5, there is a thread here with a copy in it.

jammerjamming 10-29-2008 12:38 PM

ok. the program had it already embedded in the program to auto start. i just hadnt soft reset and tried it before i started tinkering with adding it to the start menu.

thanks for the suggestion lwe, but i had already installed it to get the program to work in the first place.

problem solved! just let the program run normally!

lweisenb 10-29-2008 12:40 PM

yeah, mine autostarted as well (but i forgot to put 3.5 on first and got a startup error). Your error must have been an instance already in memory error.

I've edited some rules to prevent it from rotating phone and other apps but it seems to only work 90% of the time, the rest it rotates and screen doesn't display properly. anyone else having this issue? Also gyrators default lock with stylus putaway rules seems to conflict with S2U2 so you might want to remove it.

RChris173 11-25-2008 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammerjamming (Post 482928)
ok. the program had it already embedded in the program to auto start. i just hadnt soft reset and tried it before i started tinkering with adding it to the start menu.

thanks for the suggestion lwe, but i had already installed it to get the program to work in the first place.

problem solved! just let the program run normally!

Is there a way to stop it from starting up with the phone?

divxrippimp 11-25-2008 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RChris173 (Post 541061)
Is there a way to stop it from starting up with the phone?

Same question, i cannot find a setting or startup shortcut... assuming its a reg edit?

Id like to remove it from startup also...

osva 11-25-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divxrippimp (Post 541184)
Same question, i cannot find a setting or startup shortcut... assuming its a reg edit?

Id like to remove it from startup also...

I just did this and is not booting on startup anymore.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\

And then I deleted the whole Gyrator folder.