PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how do you hard reset the tp? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42111)

blue4shizzle 10-29-2008 12:08 PM

how do you hard reset the tp?

i tried a reg tweak on my tp and now i cant get it to boot up to the home screen.. how i go about doing a hard reset? (i should know this but ive tried several tricks)

TurboFool 10-29-2008 12:10 PM

Re: how do you hard reset the tp?

If I remember correctly, with the phone turned OFF, hold down the volume up and Enter buttons (center of the direction pad), then press the power button while holding them. Either that or it was volume down, but I'm pretty sure it's up.

TheMostToys 10-29-2008 12:13 PM

With the phone OFF (very important that the phone is off) press and hold the volume down button and the ok (center of dpad) buttons. While holding those buttons down, power on the phone, keep holding the buttons until a message is displayed about pressing the volume up button to hard reset or any other button to cancel. If that message does not come up, repeat (from power off state) until it does.

Good luck

SkunkApe 11-03-2008 07:00 PM

bump...

why am i having issues with this?

when doing this, should i see the screen say "touch pro" at all? then the sprint logo comes on and i figure it shouldnt go that far so i try again

Insoc 11-03-2008 07:03 PM

The phone must be off...

This means:

1. Press the vol down button and hold.

The screen will display a message about shutting down the phone yes/no.

Once you select yes and the phone is off, THEN do the Hard Reset...

Or go into the settings and clear storage...

SkunkApe 11-03-2008 07:06 PM

did all that... seems to be a pain in the *** to do.

ill continue trying

SkunkApe 11-03-2008 07:08 PM

ok...when doing this....what screens will i see and not see. should i see it saying "touch pro" should i see the sprint logo. when do i know its gone too far?

Baffles 11-03-2008 07:14 PM

Hold power button down to turn off phone, hit yes. With phone totally off, press and hold volume down and select (center of d-pad), hold down the poewr button, once it comes on let go of power button but keep holding vol down/dpad center. You will get a grey screen telling you about hard resetting, and follow the directions.

This and much more is covered in the TP essentials thread (see sig).

Insoc 11-03-2008 07:14 PM

After power off sequence...

If you are having problems, you should just go into setting/system and select clear storage...

If you must do it the hard way...

AFTER turning off the phone.

1. Vol down and hold.

2. Pwr and hold.

3. Enter and hold. (the circle button).

I MIGHT have the order wrong, but a search here will tell you how to do it too... I am really wasting my keystrokes by typing things that have already been posted and is listed in the owners manual...

SkunkApe 11-03-2008 07:18 PM

ugh im dumb.... wasnt holding power down...i blame it on my long work day today. lol

thanks guys