PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   POLL: Audio Problems on your Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42042)

jeremy3721 10-28-2008 10:29 PM

POLL: Audio Problems on your Touch Pro?

So that those of us who are having audio problems "blown speaker sound" with the Touch Pro's I thought I'd create a poll tro try and get a handle on if the problem is widespread, isolated or if we are just too picky :-)

jeremy3721 10-28-2008 10:33 PM

Re: POLL: Audio Problems on your Touch Pro?

I'm on my second Touch Pro and the audio is nowhere near as good as it was on my Diamond or my original Touch. Not sure if I should exchange it again or live with it.

gissentml 10-28-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy3721 (Post 481977)
I'm on my second Touch Pro and the audio is nowhere near as good as it was on my Diamond or my original Touch. Not sure if I should exchange it again or live with it.

Mine gets loud when i have it at half volume during voice calls. I did the audio hack. I took it back off because I would hear echo on certain calls..

Certs 10-28-2008 11:19 PM

it's hard to say because I installed the audiopara hack, but when I listen to music via the speaker I keep 'system volume' one tick down from full and WMP at 100% and it sounds great

Ele7eN 10-28-2008 11:20 PM

i thought i had this issue until i realized that the plastic film that came on the phone didn't have a hole in it for the speaker. i felt like an idiot, but i figured i would share just in case anyone else is in the same boat. :)

acme64 10-28-2008 11:49 PM

with or without plastic, it sounds horrible

gladesmellzgood 10-29-2008 05:57 AM

i only had audio problems after i installed that patch once i removed it...the sound was just fine i dont really have any problems with mine...but everyonce in a while i get this crackly weird sound

krollman 10-29-2008 10:19 AM

Got my Touch Pro from Sprint yesterday from BB. A 1/2 mile from the store, I turned around when the earpiece sound was difficult to understand. I was saying "what" every other sentence. (talking to the same land lines I do on a daily basis) I would describe this as the "blown speaker" sound that I heard described on another forum. Turning up the volume just made you hear the problem louder. I had them replace the phone and it was a little better ( may have just been wishing), but still not good enough for using on a day to day basis.

Surely Sprint knows about this problem. Could this just be in the batch that was released early to BB? I've got to figure this out in the 30 day return period or mine is going back.

BTW, I replaced the 6700. The 6700 had average to good sound compared. I would describe the Touch Pro audio quality as terrible. This is a cool phone, I hope this can be resolved.

krollman 10-29-2008 12:00 PM

I called Sprint CS. They have not yet been trained on Touch Pro according to rep. They referred me to HTC support. (866) 449-8358. This was the first the HTC rep heard of the problem and he pulled up this thread. Per his direction, I attempted to do a hard reset and could not get phone to do this following instructions in the manuel. He then had me do start/settings/system/clear storage would he said would accomplish the same thing as a hard restart. Did all that and no change in audio. He said that this would confirm that there was no software problem with my phone and that the problem must be hardware related.

He did not have any other suggestions other than for us to make a post on htcwiki.com, which he said is monitored by HTC senior techs. :(

Young_breedent 10-29-2008 12:05 PM

I have the audio para tweak and my volume is great, but even before i preformed the tweak my volume was good. I don't know what some of you are complaining about. You guys must have a problem hearing lol