PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Since you are disappointed in the Touch Pro, what now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
obviously the point of this thread has been lost...

i have 2 and dont have any issues.

i was interested in the opinion of people who are disappointed with the device and where they go from here
Not really sure what kind of response you're expecting. I guess, if they are that disappointed, they could always return it within 30 days

Maybe the people who are disappointed is because they had really high expectations or really didn't know what to expect.

This is IMO the best Pocket PC, I've ever had (well I've only had the ip830w, Mogul, and Diamond)
Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Touch Pro is not perfect, but it has a lot more Pros than Cons.

I love it.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
obviously the point of this thread has been lost...

i have 2 and dont have any issues.

i was interested in the opinion of people who are disappointed with the device and where they go from here
I don't have mine yet.... and have read just about all the problems people are having, but that is nothing new with a new release... so I gues I did lost the point to your thread....considering that YOU don't have any issues.....
Old 10-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that bothers me even a little bit is not having an option to customize the keyboard backlight, but that's it.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

I have 3 under my wings so far. I like the phone, but it definetely has bugs.
MMS still sucks.
No hardware buttons.
Touch flo 3D is kind of slow.
Button placement sucks.

Just a few things.

Having said that, I have out fitted my sales staff with them and I overrall like the device. The camera is DAMN nice for a phone. Super convienent in our business. WM6.1 and PUSH is great like usual. The screen looks good. I haven't dropped one call yet, and I dropped hundreds on my Mogul. The USB drive feature is another huge perk. I know you could do it before, but now it just works. I like it, but it is FAR from perfect for me.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I haven't seen many people who've been that disappointed with it. So far it's exceeded my expectations, but perhaps mine were more realistic. Either way, I love it. Better in nearly every way than my Mogul.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started

seriously how come when a new phone comes out, people jump on the hate wagon? sure there are things that aren't perfect. but nothing is.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3604 View Post
seriously how come when a new phone comes out, people jump on the hate wagon? sure there are things that aren't perfect. but nothing is.
Because of all the hype and comparing to the iPhone..... sorry this phone is not going to kill the iPhone... not with all the techno-hippy, tree huggin, $6.00 coffee drinkin snobs out there buying them up like it is a live or die situation.

Ok that was over the top there, but you get the point. Basicaly, the iPhone is a pretty decent phone in it's own class, but it is NOT a PDA and can't do half of the things WM phones can do. It's not very customizable and it can't do simple functions like "cut and paste"

Two differnt classes of phones there. Can't compare an apple to an orange.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
the subject line explains it all...

what will you do now that you are disappointed?
hmm sounds to me like somebody is mad that they couldn't one =D>

I came from a Mogul and i love the Touch Pro, the more I use it the more I love it. I dont know what some people expected the phone to do cause I cant find anything wrong with it. The complaints most have about the phone are stupid and was obvious before they bought the phone like the buttons, that is number 1 on my stupid complaints list. Thats like coming from a SUV and you need all those doors and space and you go to the dealer and buy a coupe. Then you dont want it no more because it doesnt have 4 doors and trunk space.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't understand the point of this thread other than troll baiting or pointless speculation.

Those that are disappointed can either buy a different phone or wait for one that's better. There are always better phones to come out in the future, but which one, who knows? They don't exist yet. Yadda yadda yadda...

Apple people won't buy anything without an Apple logo on it.

Windows people that want a physical keyboard and VGA screen have no choice but to buy this phone, or wait for it's replacement.

Android people will have to suck it up and buy the G1 with QVGA screen and larger size body. Or wait for the next generation, or Android OS to be ported to other phones. (don't hold your breath too long).

OK, now that's I've pointed out the obvious answers to this thread's question, Now What?

-Ed
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro