PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Wow - GWES.exe Error like Crazy....

I know that this has been touched upon by other general threads... But I was wondering what the average user is getting on his TP.

I got my touch Pro on Saturday.... and I am getting Gwes errors since day one. Did a hard Reset and still nothing.

Also, this was before I installed any programs.

There doesnt really seems to be a pattern. It just happens whenever. In Opera, when updating the weather, opening the keyboard to type a text... Whatever.

Anyone else have these errors? What did you do?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
Re: Wow - GWES.exe Error like Crazy....

I am now getting the gwes.exe error as well. What is it?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero FF500 and Unlimited Fav 5

falestinee4ever is a n00b

me 2...i hate it...
Old 12-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Use a real task manager type program and see what other programs are running in the background. I've never once had this, so between you all, you should have something in common.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've only had this come up several times. It hasn't happened in weeks though. I was doing several different things at each time so I'm not sure what exactly caused it. Hopefully I won't suffer this & I hope the best for you guys....
Old 12-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

It has come up once or twice for me. GWES is similar to explorer.exe for your PC.

It could definitely be linked to TF3D. Try flashing a custom ROM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:33 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I had this problem. What worked for me is I took every file off the storage card and moved it to a folder on my pc (make sure on your pc you can view hidden and system files.) Then I started the phone with an empty storage card and it worked.

So at that point, I just dragged the stuff that I really wanted on to the storage card (music, pictures, cabs, video files) and the gwes error was still gone.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I had this problem. What worked for me is I took every file off the storage card and moved it to a folder on my pc (make sure on your pc you can view hidden and system files.) Then I started the phone with an empty storage card and it worked.

So at that point, I just dragged the stuff that I really wanted on to the storage card (music, pictures, cabs, video files) and the gwes error was still gone.

Hope this helps.
Interesting observation... Perhaps it is linked to a program that is trying to run of the SD card... OP, do you have anything like that? Maybe ringtones on your card?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Interesting observation... Perhaps it is linked to a program that is trying to run of the SD card... OP, do you have anything like that? Maybe ringtones on your card?
i think it might be linked to temp files or cache files or something.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
i think it might be linked to temp files or cache files or something.
True, and in that case you can try running MemMaid to clear out any junk that's slowing down SD access.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro