PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Wow - GWES.exe Error like Crazy.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42028)

rawdikrik 10-28-2008 08:54 PM

Wow - GWES.exe Error like Crazy....

I know that this has been touched upon by other general threads... But I was wondering what the average user is getting on his TP.

I got my touch Pro on Saturday.... and I am getting Gwes errors since day one. Did a hard Reset and still nothing.

Also, this was before I installed any programs.

There doesnt really seems to be a pattern. It just happens whenever. In Opera, when updating the weather, opening the keyboard to type a text... Whatever.

Anyone else have these errors? What did you do?

kidmet 12-02-2008 01:29 PM

Re: Wow - GWES.exe Error like Crazy....

I am now getting the gwes.exe error as well. What is it?

falestinee4ever 12-24-2008 10:59 PM

me 2...i hate it...

Compusmurf 12-25-2008 11:03 AM

Use a real task manager type program and see what other programs are running in the background. I've never once had this, so between you all, you should have something in common.

Mr_Alexander 12-25-2008 12:18 PM

I've only had this come up several times. It hasn't happened in weeks though. I was doing several different things at each time so I'm not sure what exactly caused it. Hopefully I won't suffer this & I hope the best for you guys....

[sammich] 12-25-2008 12:37 PM

It has come up once or twice for me. GWES is similar to explorer.exe for your PC.

It could definitely be linked to TF3D. Try flashing a custom ROM.

chronster 12-26-2008 01:33 PM

I had this problem. What worked for me is I took every file off the storage card and moved it to a folder on my pc (make sure on your pc you can view hidden and system files.) Then I started the phone with an empty storage card and it worked.

So at that point, I just dragged the stuff that I really wanted on to the storage card (music, pictures, cabs, video files) and the gwes error was still gone.

Hope this helps.

[sammich] 12-26-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 601296)
I had this problem. What worked for me is I took every file off the storage card and moved it to a folder on my pc (make sure on your pc you can view hidden and system files.) Then I started the phone with an empty storage card and it worked.

So at that point, I just dragged the stuff that I really wanted on to the storage card (music, pictures, cabs, video files) and the gwes error was still gone.

Hope this helps.

Interesting observation... Perhaps it is linked to a program that is trying to run of the SD card... OP, do you have anything like that? Maybe ringtones on your card?

chronster 12-26-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 601450)
Interesting observation... Perhaps it is linked to a program that is trying to run of the SD card... OP, do you have anything like that? Maybe ringtones on your card?

i think it might be linked to temp files or cache files or something.

[sammich] 12-26-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 601469)
i think it might be linked to temp files or cache files or something.

True, and in that case you can try running MemMaid to clear out any junk that's slowing down SD access.