PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Think I Found One Thing My Mogul Does Better Than My Touch Pro

My mogul did seem way annoying, it was like waking up after a bar night and a surprise next to you... but everyday!

The touch pro is like waking up to a super model, and shes just waiting there whispering in your ear vs the mogul being some fugly chick that wakes you up with constant irregularly timed snoring
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT & ORANGE

harlem135th is keeping up the good workharlem135th is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to harlem135th

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
My mogul did seem way annoying, it was like waking up after a bar night and a surprise next to you... but everyday!

The touch pro is like waking up to a super model, and shes just waiting there whispering in your ear vs the mogul being some fugly chick that wakes you up with constant irregularly timed snoring

Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:

my thoughts exactly lol. G alarm can also be G sensor enabled just surf the settings you can find all kinds of fun stuff plus it allows you to play MP3s it is in my opinion a very well designed alarm.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)

nerdtalker is keeping up the good worknerdtalker is keeping up the good work

Wow, I way disagree. My TP is WAY loud, WAY annoying, and WAY gets me up in the morning. In fact, I'd say the Innovation/Inspiration default alarm sound is 10,000 times more annoyingly cheerful for waking me from my sound slumber than the alarm-clock-on-steroids that the Mogul had.

A box of mine:
Old 10-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

alarm rooster is amazing...TPro is better thatn mogul whne it comes to alarms IMO.

-Chez
Old 10-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossova View Post
should i stop being lazy and just invest in an alarm clock (theres always the threat of a power outtage though)??
i highly suggest this no matter how loud the phone is. WM can always lock up and you can miss something important/get fired/etc etc. not really worth it to trust the phone alone. Either way highly recommend investing in a $10-20 alarm clock from Walmart or such with 9-volt battery backup. I usually use the phone as a backup alarm or it first and the alarm clock as the backup. Cant hurt to have 2 just set one 5 or 10 min behind the other and youll never be late
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

I just tested both the Touch Pro and the Mogul on a Digital Sound Level Meter. On average, the Touch Pro had 2 db higher alarm. I placed each phone exactly 3.5cm from the sound level meter with each phone's speaker aimed directly at the meter. I used Alarm 5 with the system volume at max. Both the TP and the Mogul were complete stock, running Sprint roms.

The Touch Pro averaged 112db. The Mogul averaged 110db.

It would be nice to compare the frequency response of each speaker, but I don't have that kind of meter. I used the RadioShack Sound Level Meter, model #33-2055. Let me know if you have any questions.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:19 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Man, that's an expensive alarm clock.

I got a dual alarm clock from Wal-Mart 6 years ago, and it has nice big letters that can be dimmed, and a gradual alarm that gets so loud your ears will bleed if you let it go that far.

One of the best purchases I've ever made, and it was like $8.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Crossova is just getting started

Hmmm.. seems like mixed reviews. And judging by all the issues various posters have made it seems that all Touch Pros are not created equal. I guess it varies and in my case im stuck with the fugly chick instead of the cute super model (lol @ gobmonster for that one). And its also true that WM has locked up me at least twice sometime during the night (my Mogul had an issue where ppl would call or txt me and it would cause my phone it lock up). but since its got no service that shouldnt be a problem. I look forward to playing around with the TP settings and trying out the programs you all suggested. Thanks have been handed out accordingly.

Thanks ALL!!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Crossova is just getting started

Quote:

LMFAO... i keep reading this post and i cant stop laughing, this just made my night...and its my new signature on these forums... Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro