PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   xvid using coreplayer still skips a bit on tp (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42015)

wildpig 10-28-2008 07:32 PM

xvid using coreplayer still skips a bit on tp

anyone else also get this problem? i guess the extra 120mhz cpu speed and whatever video optimization and acceleration doesn't carry into coreplayer ;(

pg2k3 10-28-2008 07:42 PM

Re: xvid using coreplayer still skips a bit on tp

Do you have have coreplayer set to QTV?

wildpig 10-28-2008 07:52 PM

i did try that. seems to help a little, but still kind of skip a little. is that what we supposed to use? that didn't work on my mogul

pg2k3 10-28-2008 08:27 PM

Thats because the Mogul doesn't use any type of video acceleration like the pro does.

TheRealHotshot 10-28-2008 08:58 PM

hmmmmm wonder whats wrong with the coreplayer on the touch pro i to have that program and love it!! but i hope it can be fix cause i wanted to watch movies fron there with my video out cables :-?

VW 10-28-2008 09:09 PM

There may not be anything wrong with it as the TP is pushing 4x the pixels of a touch or mogul.

TheRealHotshot 10-28-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW (Post 481782)
There may not be anything wrong with it as the TP is pushing 4x the pixels of a touch or mogul.

i hope its not!!! imma really need the coreplayer to work on the touch pro and thru the video out cables

pg2k3 10-28-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 481817)
i hope its not!!! imma really need the coreplayer to work on the touch pro and thru the video out cables

Im pretty sure that they will optimize their new releases for the Pro/Diamond. Its pretty cool that their program automatically detects the proper resolution and adjusts the skin accordingly.

TheRealHotshot 10-28-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pg2k3 (Post 481840)
Im pretty sure that they will optimize their new releases for the Pro/Diamond. Its pretty cool that their program automatically detects the proper resolution and adjusts the skin accordingly.

yes i love this app. a must have well worth every penny

darkshadow46236 10-28-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 481817)

I agree that they will start to optimize the app for the touch pro now, but it is pushing 4x the amount of pixels now (QVGA --> VGA). Still I recall in the XDA developers Raphael threads someone played a 700mb movie download on their touch pro and on a TV with no skipping.

My old hx4700 could handle those kinds of files with no issue at all - the touch pro with newer decoding hardware should be able to handle it too. Just have to wait I guess.