PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Storage card causing heat?

Does anyone think it is possible putting in a new storage card would cause the phone to heat up? I have had my TP since 10/26 and never had a problem with heat (expect if I was on a long phone call).

Last night I put in this microSD card

http://www.supermediastore.com/pqi-4...mory-card.html

Mid-morning, I took the phone out of my case and it was burning up and the battery was way down, more than normal. I check and don't have any apps running in the background. Weather updates are set to off, GPS off. I'm running the stock rom. The only thing that changed was the new storage card. This is a class 6 card as opposed to the card that came with the phone (which I think is class 2, but not sure). Would a higher class draw more power?

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Storage card causing heat?

if thats all you did was change cards the switch back and see if issue is gone. sounds like you know the answer.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Will do when I get home (don't have the original card with me at work). Just didn't know if I was way off base thinking a storage card would have that much effect on the phone.

Last edited by regression; 11-21-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

Just remove the card for a day and see how the temperature behaves.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i had a bad sd card once on my 6900, no heat issue, bus still caused problems. hope this helps
Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had the exact same experience with an SD card in my Mogul. I thought it was the phone at first, but after getting a replacement that did the same thing, I finally figured out it was a bad SD card. I got a new one and the problem went away.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Once I started using USB "pen" drives with computers I couldn't help but notice after transferring large amounts of data that they do indeed conduct and heat up. But they shouldn't get crazy with it either. So far my 8GB SanDisk doesn't seem to exhibit this that much--I play music from it while in my pocket so I'd notice.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan

cbunting is a n00b

I'm on my 2nd TP... I just took the SD card out today to see if it would make a differnce on battery life. It did actually seem like the battery life a little better... but HEAT is horrible . I'm on a 35 minute call right now and its burning my neck to talk on it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro