PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Lurker

turiderman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hey guys ive actually been following this forum for a while now ever since i heard about the upcoming possible release of the touch pro maybe 2-3 months ago and this will be my first windows mobile phone and im wondering for all you guys that have been through this before what modifications and things of that nature would i have to make to optimize the performance of my touch pro. and does windows mobile have a fully operational facebook application ie. apples facebook app for iphones and ipod touchs that allows one to facebook chat, and does the phone come with aim if not or if so which is the best instant messaging program available for windows mobile?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

desitdt is a n00b
Re: newbie

I have a mogul and here is what i know. Windows Mobile is highly customizable. At the moment though, the touch pro doesnt have to much that you can do with it (seeing how it is brand new). In a few months however, you should be able to install custom roms (like an operating system, but different versions of the same base (windows mobile)). As fare as face book there are a few applications. 2 here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31417. For aim there are various apps like "Slick" (look it up) and the classic app just for aim at the bottom.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MobileAIM.zip (1.10 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Make sure to check out the "Pocket PC Software' section, you'll find lots of goodies there. If an app isn't compatible, then a newer version should be out soon- but any program that works on the Diamond should work on the Pro

Don't do much tweaking until you read up about how the phone works. I suggest some of the stickies for the other device, it will at least give you an idea of how things work.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

A few other notes: Opera Mobile displays Facebook and MySpace pretty much flawlessly. Makes a dedicated app almost unnecessary. As for AIM, there's a pretty strong application built right in that handles AIM, Yahoo!, and MSN in one and can just always run in the background. Works better than any of the other ones I've tried.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro