PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ppcninjaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch pro data provisioning

Hey everyone.

Well, i got my touch pro today from Best Buy.

Anyone know how to do data provisioning on it?

phone/sms works, internet does not (on a sero plan, inet worked fine on mogul/treo)

thanks in advance!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ppcninjaz is just getting started
Re: touch pro data provisioning

ok got it working after a 20min call to tech support.

data provisioning by default is under start->settings->system-> "Update profile"
however, this was not working for me because it had the wrong info but would not update

i had to enter ##3282#, put in my MSL code, click on "edit". then "menu" then "restore" which cleared out all the info and soft reset the phone

then, after doing that, do the regular "update profile" and everything was working after that!

my speed test is only showing 600 kbps though, which sucks because my treo/mogul constantly get 800-900
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

start/settings, profile update. if it returns with a "no profile to update" then there's no profile to update! lol. call sprint level 2 and have them look at your provisioning on their end. i had the same issue and we ended up going in with the MSL ahd clearing out all data in the EPST screen and then starting over...
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hard reset the phone, then do update profile
Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what does this actually do anyways? I'm still confused about it....every time I click update profile I get an error 1012
Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
hard reset the phone, then do update profile
you shouldnt have to do anything to provision the phone, it does it automatically...

that being said...

in the settings menu / system there is an icon to update your pcs profile

that being said...

i just spent 4 hours on the phone with sprint discussing why the phone gets a 1012 error code. it was determined that the phone (even the test models in house) are getting the wrong primary and secondary home agent ip. with other phone models you could manually adjust these values, but with the touch pro it is all done OTA.

a trouble ticket was pulled on this issue and hopefully it will be resolved with an update.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

detwilers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcninjaz View Post
ok got it working after a 20min call to tech support.

data provisioning by default is under start->settings->system-> "Update profile"
however, this was not working for me because it had the wrong info but would not update

i had to enter ##3282#, put in my MSL code, click on "edit". then "menu" then "restore" which cleared out all the info and soft reset the phone

then, after doing that, do the regular "update profile" and everything was working after that!

my speed test is only showing 600 kbps though, which sucks because my treo/mogul constantly get 800-900
Thank You
This is what I ended up having to do also except it took me 6 phone calls and several hours.
One note - When you call get the MSL unlock code from the tech guy write it down somewhere. I could not get GetSPC to work witht the touch pro after hours of trying.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a way to read this provisioning password? The username is #MEID#@hcm.sprintpcs.com or #ESN#@hcm.sprintpcs.com but it has a unique password, maybe reading NV RAM?
Old 08-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed a ROM and there is no "Profile Update" where can I get this program or is there a ## code I can use for this?
Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
I installed a ROM and there is no "Profile Update" where can I get this program or is there a ## code I can use for this?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71888

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro