PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   touch pro data provisioning (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41996)

ppcninjaz 10-28-2008 05:19 PM

touch pro data provisioning

Hey everyone.

Well, i got my touch pro today from Best Buy.

Anyone know how to do data provisioning on it?

phone/sms works, internet does not (on a sero plan, inet worked fine on mogul/treo)

thanks in advance!

ppcninjaz 10-28-2008 05:36 PM

Re: touch pro data provisioning

ok got it working after a 20min call to tech support.

data provisioning by default is under start->settings->system-> "Update profile"
however, this was not working for me because it had the wrong info but would not update

i had to enter ##3282#, put in my MSL code, click on "edit". then "menu" then "restore" which cleared out all the info and soft reset the phone

then, after doing that, do the regular "update profile" and everything was working after that!

my speed test is only showing 600 kbps though, which sucks because my treo/mogul constantly get 800-900 :(

marctronixx 10-28-2008 05:38 PM

start/settings, profile update. if it returns with a "no profile to update" then there's no profile to update! lol. call sprint level 2 and have them look at your provisioning on their end. i had the same issue and we ended up going in with the MSL ahd clearing out all data in the EPST screen and then starting over...

Boo Boo 10-28-2008 05:42 PM

hard reset the phone, then do update profile

phistyle 10-28-2008 06:03 PM

what does this actually do anyways? I'm still confused about it....every time I click update profile I get an error 1012

captblaze 10-28-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 481320)
hard reset the phone, then do update profile

you shouldnt have to do anything to provision the phone, it does it automatically...

that being said...

in the settings menu / system there is an icon to update your pcs profile

that being said...

i just spent 4 hours on the phone with sprint discussing why the phone gets a 1012 error code. it was determined that the phone (even the test models in house) are getting the wrong primary and secondary home agent ip. with other phone models you could manually adjust these values, but with the touch pro it is all done OTA.

a trouble ticket was pulled on this issue and hopefully it will be resolved with an update.

detwilers 10-29-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppcninjaz (Post 481307)
ok got it working after a 20min call to tech support.

data provisioning by default is under start->settings->system-> "Update profile"
however, this was not working for me because it had the wrong info but would not update

i had to enter ##3282#, put in my MSL code, click on "edit". then "menu" then "restore" which cleared out all the info and soft reset the phone

then, after doing that, do the regular "update profile" and everything was working after that!

my speed test is only showing 600 kbps though, which sucks because my treo/mogul constantly get 800-900 :(

Thank You
This is what I ended up having to do also except it took me 6 phone calls and several hours.
One note - When you call get the MSL unlock code from the tech guy write it down somewhere. I could not get GetSPC to work witht the touch pro after hours of trying.

m4f1050 05-19-2009 01:40 PM

Is there a way to read this provisioning password? The username is #MEID#@hcm.sprintpcs.com or #ESN#@hcm.sprintpcs.com but it has a unique password, maybe reading NV RAM?

m4f1050 08-23-2009 01:10 PM

I installed a ROM and there is no "Profile Update" where can I get this program or is there a ## code I can use for this?

Hypnotic2010 08-23-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 1117450)
I installed a ROM and there is no "Profile Update" where can I get this program or is there a ## code I can use for this?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71888