PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! no true Hard Reset on Sprint Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41981)

TheMostToys 10-28-2008 03:54 PM

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! no true Hard Reset on Sprint Touch Pro

Sprint had HTC disable the hardware hard reset. Regardless of what it says in the manual (page 82, press and hold volume down and ok buttons while soft reset.) it does NOT work.

I locked my phone, something I never do, but I was playing around and next thing you know, it's locked. Although I'm 99% sure I know what the password I entered was, apparently I mistyped something. Next thing you know I'm trying everything and the prompt is locked out for 3 minutes between each try. So I figure, no big deal, I'll hard reset and sync and go on with my day. WRONG. After trying dozens of times I gave in and took it to the Sprint store. Mine is the first Touch Pro they have seen. Needless to say they were unable to help.

Until somebody figures out how to hard reset, I'm going to be MUCH more careful with my new TP.

Baffles 10-28-2008 03:56 PM

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! no true Hard Reset on Sprint Touch Pro

What? A lot of people here have hard reset....

TheMostToys 10-28-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 481069)
What? A lot of people here have hard reset....

Show of hands, how many people have hard reset their Sprint Touch Pro?

Press and hold the volume down button with the ok (center dpad) button and soft reset. The phone will soft reset. Keep holding the buttons until the screen comes up that asks to press the volume up button to hard reset or any other to cancel. Does anyone on Sprint see this screen and do a true hard reset? My TP does not Hard Reset. Could just be mine but I doubt it.

codyppc 10-28-2008 04:05 PM

yeah, i think he forgot the center dpad button. lol. plus, i think the "clear storage" app does the same as the hardreset. doesn't it? did on the diamond.

badboy8813 10-28-2008 04:08 PM

mods pls delete this is false information!

gorillaguzzler 10-28-2008 04:08 PM

I have hard reset using clear storage command. Worked fine.

DrewDennis 10-28-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy8813 (Post 481095)
mods pls delete this is false information!

NOPE. not false. Went through the same on a Sprint Touch Diamond.. Sprint tech confirmed that it was removed from the phone. Only way is to reset through the clear storage..

LilRico 10-28-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMostToys (Post 481085)
Show of hands, how many people have hard reset their Sprint Touch Pro?

ME! I hard resetted my phone 3 times using the instructions! It took me 8 tries, but I got it. I don't know what you're talking about that Sprint had HTC disable it because I can prove otherwise!

Cicatrize 10-28-2008 04:12 PM

I had trouble doing this as well. The Best Buy chick and I were trying to hard reset one that she f'ed up by resetting in the middle of customization (wouldn't boot past the "Touch PRO" screen anymore) and we couldn't do it. We followed the directions PRECISELY as they are in the manual several times without any luck. I even tried different ways of doing it, including using the soft reset button.

We never got it to work. It kinda scares me because if I can't boot into WM, I can't go to Clear Storage (if that ever happens to this one).

Katahdin 10-28-2008 04:13 PM

I never got it working either. Had to use clear storage to hard reset.