PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pro from Best Buy already unlocked? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41978)

steb0ne 10-28-2008 03:31 PM

Sprint Touch Pro from Best Buy already unlocked?

Hi y'all,

I just noticed when I tried holding down vol, power button and soft resetting the phone went into the bootloader mode and at the top it says its unlocked

Does that mean I dont need an unlocker?

I want to put the Verizon radio on my Sprint TP

Certs 10-28-2008 03:35 PM

Re: Sprint Touch Pro from Best Buy already unlocked?

I wouldn't bet on that, and I wouldn't risk flashing anything just yet.

steb0ne 10-28-2008 03:43 PM

Yeah, I got an answer over on XDA site too, saying that just meant the radio was unlocked. I guess I'll we'll have to wait for the spl unlocker

qtrim 10-28-2008 04:47 PM

I saw the BB salesman write down the MSL when he called it in and I promptly whipped out my 6700 and saved it.

xtatic 10-28-2008 04:54 PM

first of all u dont hold vol, pwr is actually hard reset and try to put it in to boot screen to soft reset u just have to prest the soft reset button...but as far as the verizon radio goes i dont think you should really put it on ur tp....as it will affect your service and reception.

jason25 10-28-2008 05:38 PM

The OP probably meant he/she hit the reset button.

I got into the bootloader on accident by sliding the keyboard out pressing volume down + enter key and then power.

steb0ne 10-28-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtatic (Post 481228)
first of all u dont hold vol, pwr is actually hard reset and try to put it in to boot screen to soft reset u just have to prest the soft reset button...but as far as the verizon radio goes i dont think you should really put it on ur tp....as it will affect your service and reception.

don't try and correct me AND BE WRONG about it. To do a hard reset you have to hold vol down, power AND THE OK BUTTON, and soft reset.

Trust me, I've one one already

Holding down vol down, the power button and soft restting (and I did it more than once) works

clockcycle 10-29-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qtrim (Post 481213)
I saw the BB salesman write down the MSL when he called it in and I promptly whipped out my 6700 and saved it.

The MSL of your phone or some other phone? Each are device dependant. If you are with Sprint, just call them and ask for it.

-CC

holo 10-29-2008 02:09 PM

Best buy gets the MSL when they activate the device and since I have SERO and she had to call in, she wrote it down and I copied it down. I imagine it comes up on their computer otherwise.

big3etr 10-29-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 482788)
The MSL of your phone or some other phone? Each are device dependant. If you are with Sprint, just call them and ask for it.

-CC

Every time I've called or got my phone (Mogul) replaced, the service person would say "we're not supposed to give that out." I was never successful in attaining it from Sprint. I've always used GETSPC to get it and now the log file trick with the TP.