PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Picture Mail Enhancement Download - Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiledude View Post
will this work on the mogul?
If you go to the sprint powerdeck and go to games/applications and then free/demo there should be a new picturemail app for your phone, my cousin has a touch and now has picmail for it I assume the mogul has the same option.

I have had problems with picmail up until this weekend (bought phone last Saturday) sent several test messages and all went through quickly. What I have been doint is sending the pic and leaving picmail running in the backround for a few minutes and check it, every time it shows it has gone through. Love the new app and while sMMS was a great program I feel this is easier to use.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
This is weird though, since my guy and I were both able to send and receive with the sprint picturemail app even after the update.. until Friday. On Thursday I sent him pics he sent back. We can both send to others even other sprint phones that are not PDA but we never receive them. We had our phones reprogrammed at a sprint store but since we are on everythinng plans the guy didn't know how to reprovision picturemail if that was the fix...

Its funny how this current problem timeline coincides with Sprint's release of the picture mail app to other PDA phones this week.... I'm thinking there is something messed up on Sprint's end.
Good observation...I wonder how long it will take Sprint to figure it out..lol

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TONEEDO is just getting started

Does this update give you free picturemail? I went to the stock picturemail app that came with my pro and it says i have to sign up for picturemail to be able to use it.

Not sure how picturemail works...i thought it was just standard text msg fees. Can someone clearify. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

Yes it does cost extra if you dont have it bundled with a plan I believe. The everything plans have unlimited texting built in, otherwise its extra service for pic mail
Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
Good observation...I wonder how long it will take Sprint to figure it out..lol
Funny thing is, for other reasons, I did a hard reset on my Diamond last night and at the end of the evening of re-customizing my phone I decided to check picmail just in case. I sent from my second line, Katana phone and lo-and-behold.. I received the photo on the Diamond. I tried again from my son's phone.. cool beans got hte pic.. Went to bed happy as a clam.. At lunch today I had a friend on ATT send me a pic.. and wham... back to square one. Nothing was done to the phone, not even a soft reset, since being able to receive pics last night..
Old 11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto q9c

phelony is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to phelony

So I will have my touch tomorrow... and i wanted to know can i not get pix at all?
do i at least get a text with a link like on my Q9C thank in advance
All for $39.99/mo!
HTC Touch Pro.... Booya
Old 11-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

What version is the update? I'm trying to see if I have the newest version. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Someguy SMS is a great program.
I used it regularly on my Mogul, and I am tempted to install it on my TP.

I see that the SMS program coming stock on my TP is just garbage at the moment. I cannot even see what I am typing in the boxes. And it seems to run in the standard text message mode, whatever you have set.
It needs to run in non threaded mode. it causes a lot of memory usage i've noticed.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jourabchid is becoming a great contributor

yeah the sprint pic mail app and the update, are pretty much worthless for me, it must be a really low priority to get it working properly, it is very slow/laggy and unreliable for me.

i like the idea of it being built in but they need to take some advice from smms if they could make a combo of the 2 storing images locallly and on the network, downloading directly to phone, and a queing system that worked it would be great...

hopefully another update comes out soon...
Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Someguy SMS is a great program.
I used it regularly on my Mogul, and I am tempted to install it on my TP.

I see that the SMS program coming stock on my TP is just garbage at the moment. I cannot even see what I am typing in the boxes. And it seems to run in the standard text message mode, whatever you have set.
It needs to run in non threaded mode. it causes a lot of memory usage i've noticed.
I installed sMMS on the TP ...only the Messages (send/recieve/inbox) sections looks tiny, but everything else on the program looks normal. In matter of fact I use sMMS more then the OEM Picmail software for sending pics.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro