PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnymac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro and WMWiFiRouter 1.20

I just got my TP today from Best Buy. Fantastic!!! I installed WMwifirouter and I can't get it to work at all. Everytime I try to start up the application, it tells me that it cannot connect because my battery temperature is too high? WTF? The battery is not even slightly warm. Any ideas?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lou2004 is just getting started
Re: Touch Pro and WMWiFiRouter 1.20

I just install the trial version today. It said the something. Just go to option and disable the battery warning.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Yeah, works fine for me, just go to Options->Battery and when it asks disable temperature sensing.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

johnnymac is just getting started

Thank, finally got it to work. I'm getting terrible speeds though. 750 mbits download and about 100 upload. I'm hoping to get better speeds from different test locations.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

To let you know Chainfire the developer of wmwifirouter is aware of the issue and will most likely fix it in a future release. The issue is because the sprint Touch Pro reports the heat in a different fashion than other devices.

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul 6800

stark912 is a n00b

I loved the trial so much i decided to buy a license of full program. wmwifirouter 1.20 is so easy to use and can use different methods to connect in a flash. Dont have to turn wifi.... it does it for you. Tried to find it for free but had no luck. Highly recomend it and easy to install. It was $30 but since I had $50 that I found in my car.... didnt really mind paying for something that I knew it worked and actually used.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to gladesmellzgood Send a message via Yahoo to gladesmellzgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
I just got my TP today from Best Buy. Fantastic!!! I installed WMwifirouter and I can't get it to work at all. Everytime I try to start up the application, it tells me that it cannot connect because my battery temperature is too high? WTF? The battery is not even slightly warm. Any ideas?
if you reconfiger the battery it will work just as operated go into options then just turn off the battery temperature setting then go through it again and it will work and when your battery gets too hot it will stop just like it should

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro