PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone using their Touch Pro handsfree through Car Stereo? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41948)

Motivation64 10-28-2008 01:22 AM

Anyone using their Touch Pro handsfree through Car Stereo?

I've seen a few bluetooth to FM radio boxes that do handsfree, but I was wondering if anyone had worked out what I would consider an ideal setup..

Voice activated phone use, music, etc, played through your car stereo while charging the phone. Phone mount would probably be nice. Preferrably that can rotate, because I really prefer running GPS in landscape. If I don't have to drop something hardwired off the stereo, it would be that much better, but I'd be willing to do that.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd LOVE to be able to use my $220 HTC Touch Pro to act like a $2000 factory installed uhber Tech upgrade. I know the screen is tiny, but what the hey... I'll be honest.. most of the in dash factory installed GPS/Stereo units that I've seen haven't really bowled me over anyway.

r1_rydah 10-28-2008 01:34 AM

Re: Anyone using their Touch Pro handsfree through Car Stereo?

not a solution, but heres my set-up..

I use my TP with my aftermarket headunit (kenwood dnx8120) everything works great... the headunit automatically connects with the TP, and downloads my phonebook... also my head unit has a A2DP bluetooth profile, so I can control the TP's mp3 player via the headunit... and a added bonus is I have a slingbox, and use the touch pro's tv out capabilities to watch slingbox on the headunit...

tek818 10-28-2008 03:07 AM

TP works great with the bluetooth in BMW stereos/idrive

Lukas718 10-28-2008 09:17 AM

TP syncs just fine with my Bentley gtc's controller stowed in the armrest

wildpig 10-28-2008 09:18 AM

nice car ;)

wildpig 10-28-2008 09:22 AM

better yet forget the fm transmitter. go for a bt stereo. i have a pioneer p7000bt and rec it. play music straight from usb thumb drive too....

HTCFord 10-28-2008 10:04 AM

I have a Parrot blue tooth kit installed in my 2002 BMW with a custom wiring harness that lets me use the phone button on the steering wheel. My ppc6700 worked fine and the Touch Pro works even better as it syncs faster when I first get in the car

ChronoT52 10-28-2008 03:48 PM

I'm using it with a Kenwood DNX7100 navigation system. Synced up easily, works like a charm!

SuperH 11-15-2008 12:51 PM

Works great through my Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation system.

mbellis 11-15-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperH (Post 521113)
Works great through my Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation system.

Are you using the JETware Hands-free Extension with the Pioneer setup or did it setup properly without it?