PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

skreemer7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D Contact tab- can it be changed?

Right now, I think the contact tab is really worthless, it still takes like 3 or 4 clicks to call a favorite. Scrolling thru favorites I think is a waste of time. Then when you click on the picture, it takes you to all their phone numbers, then you have to click call again. To directly call, you have to click the small little phone button under the picture. Also, you need a picture- to my knowledge, for a favorite, you cant just have it show a text name.

I really want something like the HTC home contacts tab- bunch of pictures, or text, and a simple click calls the selected number. I think the manilla2d program has this for the contacts tab.

Is there any way to change the contacts tab?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: TF3D Contact tab- can it be changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreemer7 View Post
Right now, I think the contact tab is really worthless, it still takes like 3 or 4 clicks to call a favorite. Scrolling thru favorites I think is a waste of time. Then when you click on the picture, it takes you to all their phone numbers, then you have to click call again. To directly call, you have to click the small little phone button under the picture. Also, you need a picture- to my knowledge, for a favorite, you cant just have it show a text name.

I really want something like the HTC home contacts tab- bunch of pictures, or text, and a simple click calls the selected number. I think the manilla2d program has this for the contacts tab.

Is there any way to change the contacts tab?
look, before posting how about spending a little more time with your phone.. you flick through your favorites and then you click on their name to make a call.. not the picture, the picture gives you more options as it should. mods, close the thread

edit.. also you can add favorites without having a picture associated with it. i swear some people just wont be satisfied no matter what, compare this favorite list to most other phones and you will notice that you can navigate through the touch pro to make that call quicker than the majority

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 10-28-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
look, before posting how about spending a little more time with your phone.. you flick through your favorites and then you click on their name to make a call.. not the picture, the picture gives you more options as it should. mods, close the thread

edit.. also you can add favorites without having a picture associated with it. i swear some people just wont be satisfied no matter what, compare this favorite list to most other phones and you will notice that you can navigate through the touch pro to make that call quicker than the majority
Calm down, I didnt realize that you could also click on the name to make the call.

I do stand by though that I dont like the scrolling thru favorites. If I am on my first favorite, and I scroll to the last, it takes another few seconds for the pictures to scroll- nice effect, just seems useless to me.

Also, yes, you can select a favorite without a picture, but theres no way of telling what it is unless you scroll thru it. Hypothetically, if I had 10 favorites without a picture, what would even be the point of the contacts tab? I would be scrolling each time to pick my contact, and then click their name, same as the winmo contact manager.

Bottom line, I want something like the manilla2d's contact tab or HTC home.

Edit: I found a picture, first post of this thread, the 2nd window
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408778

Last edited by skreemer7; 10-28-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Calm down, I didnt realize that you could also click on the name to make the call.

I do stand by though that I dont like the scrolling thru favorites. If I am on my first favorite, and I scroll to the last, it takes another few seconds for the pictures to scroll- nice effect, just seems useless to me.

Also, yes, you can select a favorite without a picture, but theres no way of telling what it is unless you scroll thru it. Hypothetically, if I had 10 favorites without a picture, what would even be the point of the contacts tab? I would be scrolling each time to pick my contact, and then click their name, same as the winmo contact manager.

Bottom line, I want something like the manilla2d's contact tab or HTC home.
dude.. worst case scenario, just bring up the phone's dialer and start spelling out their name with the dialer and the contact will pop up, and then simply press talk to call them
Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
dude.. worst case scenario, just bring up the phone's dialer and start spelling out their name with the dialer and the contact will pop up, and then simply press talk to call them
Yea, and obviously there are many solutions around it. Only reason is I guess first off I have had the mogul with HTC Home with the same 9 favorites for over a year and just very used to it. I unlock my phone and (assuming I am on the contacts tab) its a one click call to 1 of 9 people. Now, seems I have to fidget around more- and Im sure I'll get used to it. Just helpful when making a call from the car or something and dont have too much time to mess around.

Also, I posted a link in post #3 for a picture- just to be clear of what I want.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

at one point there was project to port manilla 2d to the diamond and touch pro i never had any interest because i can use manilla 3d quite well while going to down the road. that and the dialer works pretty good too. also have you tried scrolling the contacts on the right side so you can read the names as they scroll by.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 10-28-2008, 01:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yea, and obviously there are many solutions around it. Only reason is I guess first off I have had the mogul with HTC Home with the same 9 favorites for over a year and just very used to it. I unlock my phone and (assuming I am on the contacts tab) its a one click call to 1 of 9 people. Now, seems I have to fidget around more- and Im sure I'll get used to it. Just helpful when making a call from the car or something and dont have too much time to mess around.

Also, I posted a link in post #3 for a picture- just to be clear of what I want.
well you can always disable touchflo and install the theme you are used to on ur mogul...that's the great thing about windows mobile...customization..
Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
well you can always disable touchflo and install the theme you are used to on ur mogul...that's the great thing about windows mobile...customization..
Yea I suppose, I just really like the rest of tf3d, personally dont like the contacts tab change. I'll try to get used to it, maybe someone can figure out how to edit the tabs.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
Yea I suppose, I just really like the rest of tf3d, personally dont like the contacts tab change. I'll try to get used to it, maybe someone can figure out how to edit the tabs.
well my advice is go to xda-devolopers and surf the development and hacking section and also the diamond themes section since there isnt much designing in the raphael forum.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

that manilla looks AMAZING...is it coming to the Pro?

-Chez

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro