PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TF3D Contact tab- can it be changed? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41947)

skreemer7 10-28-2008 01:18 AM

TF3D Contact tab- can it be changed?

Right now, I think the contact tab is really worthless, it still takes like 3 or 4 clicks to call a favorite. Scrolling thru favorites I think is a waste of time. Then when you click on the picture, it takes you to all their phone numbers, then you have to click call again. To directly call, you have to click the small little phone button under the picture. Also, you need a picture- to my knowledge, for a favorite, you cant just have it show a text name.

I really want something like the HTC home contacts tab- bunch of pictures, or text, and a simple click calls the selected number. I think the manilla2d program has this for the contacts tab.

Is there any way to change the contacts tab?

blue4shizzle 10-28-2008 01:20 AM

Re: TF3D Contact tab- can it be changed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skreemer7 (Post 480571)
Right now, I think the contact tab is really worthless, it still takes like 3 or 4 clicks to call a favorite. Scrolling thru favorites I think is a waste of time. Then when you click on the picture, it takes you to all their phone numbers, then you have to click call again. To directly call, you have to click the small little phone button under the picture. Also, you need a picture- to my knowledge, for a favorite, you cant just have it show a text name.

I really want something like the HTC home contacts tab- bunch of pictures, or text, and a simple click calls the selected number. I think the manilla2d program has this for the contacts tab.

Is there any way to change the contacts tab?

look, before posting how about spending a little more time with your phone.. you flick through your favorites and then you click on their name to make a call.. not the picture, the picture gives you more options as it should. mods, close the thread

edit.. also you can add favorites without having a picture associated with it. i swear some people just wont be satisfied no matter what, compare this favorite list to most other phones and you will notice that you can navigate through the touch pro to make that call quicker than the majority

skreemer7 10-28-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4shizzle (Post 480574)
look, before posting how about spending a little more time with your phone.. you flick through your favorites and then you click on their name to make a call.. not the picture, the picture gives you more options as it should. mods, close the thread

edit.. also you can add favorites without having a picture associated with it. i swear some people just wont be satisfied no matter what, compare this favorite list to most other phones and you will notice that you can navigate through the touch pro to make that call quicker than the majority

Calm down, I didnt realize that you could also click on the name to make the call.

I do stand by though that I dont like the scrolling thru favorites. If I am on my first favorite, and I scroll to the last, it takes another few seconds for the pictures to scroll- nice effect, just seems useless to me.

Also, yes, you can select a favorite without a picture, but theres no way of telling what it is unless you scroll thru it. Hypothetically, if I had 10 favorites without a picture, what would even be the point of the contacts tab? I would be scrolling each time to pick my contact, and then click their name, same as the winmo contact manager.

Bottom line, I want something like the manilla2d's contact tab or HTC home.

Edit: I found a picture, first post of this thread, the 2nd window
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408778

blue4shizzle 10-28-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skreemer7 (Post 480595)
Calm down, I didnt realize that you could also click on the name to make the call.

I do stand by though that I dont like the scrolling thru favorites. If I am on my first favorite, and I scroll to the last, it takes another few seconds for the pictures to scroll- nice effect, just seems useless to me.

Also, yes, you can select a favorite without a picture, but theres no way of telling what it is unless you scroll thru it. Hypothetically, if I had 10 favorites without a picture, what would even be the point of the contacts tab? I would be scrolling each time to pick my contact, and then click their name, same as the winmo contact manager.

Bottom line, I want something like the manilla2d's contact tab or HTC home.

dude.. worst case scenario, just bring up the phone's dialer and start spelling out their name with the dialer and the contact will pop up, and then simply press talk to call them

skreemer7 10-28-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4shizzle (Post 480598)
dude.. worst case scenario, just bring up the phone's dialer and start spelling out their name with the dialer and the contact will pop up, and then simply press talk to call them

Yea, and obviously there are many solutions around it. Only reason is I guess first off I have had the mogul with HTC Home with the same 9 favorites for over a year and just very used to it. I unlock my phone and (assuming I am on the contacts tab) its a one click call to 1 of 9 people. Now, seems I have to fidget around more- and Im sure I'll get used to it. Just helpful when making a call from the car or something and dont have too much time to mess around.

Also, I posted a link in post #3 for a picture- just to be clear of what I want.

SBR_L3GION 10-28-2008 01:54 AM

at one point there was project to port manilla 2d to the diamond and touch pro i never had any interest because i can use manilla 3d quite well while going to down the road. that and the dialer works pretty good too. also have you tried scrolling the contacts on the right side so you can read the names as they scroll by.

phistyle 10-28-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skreemer7 (Post 480602)
Yea, and obviously there are many solutions around it. Only reason is I guess first off I have had the mogul with HTC Home with the same 9 favorites for over a year and just very used to it. I unlock my phone and (assuming I am on the contacts tab) its a one click call to 1 of 9 people. Now, seems I have to fidget around more- and Im sure I'll get used to it. Just helpful when making a call from the car or something and dont have too much time to mess around.

Also, I posted a link in post #3 for a picture- just to be clear of what I want.

well you can always disable touchflo and install the theme you are used to on ur mogul...that's the great thing about windows mobile...customization..

skreemer7 10-28-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phistyle (Post 480613)
well you can always disable touchflo and install the theme you are used to on ur mogul...that's the great thing about windows mobile...customization..

Yea I suppose, I just really like the rest of tf3d, personally dont like the contacts tab change. I'll try to get used to it, maybe someone can figure out how to edit the tabs.

SBR_L3GION 10-28-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skreemer7 (Post 480616)
Yea I suppose, I just really like the rest of tf3d, personally dont like the contacts tab change. I'll try to get used to it, maybe someone can figure out how to edit the tabs.

well my advice is go to xda-devolopers and surf the development and hacking section and also the diamond themes section since there isnt much designing in the raphael forum.

chedda_chez 10-28-2008 02:17 AM

that manilla looks AMAZING...is it coming to the Pro?

-Chez