PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Lurker

rgt77lobo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everything!

*** UPDATE *** God help us all, I got it working! I'm not entirely sure why, but it's now working. I had fully documented everything before to ensure I was following the exact directions - and it all looked good. There are just a couple small things I did somewhat differently this time - and now it works. I'll put those in a new post at the end in a little bit - because I know there's one other person working on it with Samsung SCH i760. Thanks so much to everyone! Now I need to figure out what to do to get the phone perfect (I'm definitely backing up my keys asap!).

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me - I will very gladly pay for your time and efforts (Pay Pal, donation, etc.).

I have spent approximately 16 hours - I've searched and read just about everything and tried redoing this (Sprint HTC Touch Pro to Verizon Network) about 7 times now.

The first few times - no matter what I did or how closely I followed - i could not get data working. I followed EVERYTHING to a 't' and read all follow-up posts in NOIR's original post.

Then, I tried going back to my Samsung SCH i760 (worst phone ever) to get the HA Shared Secret and AAA Shared Secret information - trying to get anything done on this Samsung has been nightmarish. I can't get ##778 (send) or ##3424 (send) to work - and I can't launch epst. I can't figure out things on the Samsung and at this point would prefer to throw it off a cliff.

I have even tried the advice to call Verizon and get a DNU reset. That didn't work.

I would just like to get this going once and for all - the phone worked, the roaming triangle was gone - but the data never worked.

I am back to having the Samsung 'live' and everything works fine on it (though again, I can't seem to enter the codes as mentioned).

I would like help, assistance, or someone who could perhaps do this for me or who works at/with VZW - as mentioned, I will pay for it. I appreciate that everyone's time is valuable, as such, I certainly won't be cheap.

Thanks

Last edited by rgt77lobo; 02-27-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Well one solution would be to buy a used 6700, 6800, or 6900 that you could copy the keys off of, or do a buy and return on one of the above or a 6850 from a Verizon Store and copy the keys from that after you activate it. Samsung does not have the same keyboard codes that HTC devices do, so that is why you're having trouble getting those to work.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Thanks for getting back to me... could you give me a few more suggestions regarding that?

Do I buy the new/used phone you're talking about - then transfer the service/number from my existing Samsung SCH i760.

Do I then pull it off there!?!?

For instance, if I get one used on ebay - do i change the service to it - then use something to read that data to then follow the original Sprint to VZW instructions? I think I understand but one to be sure.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work

To reset your keys all you need to do is swap another ESN on to your account (such as you already did with your 760) then put the Pro back on your account.

Once this is done then do your *22899 and soft reset. Try data, if it doesn't work go into EPST and make sure all the proper settings are MDN@vzw3g.com and not something else. Also delete the keys from the HA & AAA key fields in the Default Profile. Reboot, test again, it should work, if not report back here.

Last step once you have it working. Follow the link in my sig and back up your HA & AAA keys and save them in a text file or something.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Sometimes when you install a new dialer it does not allow for the ## commands to work, try uninstalling the dialers that you may have installed and then try accessing epst menu...
Hope this helps!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b

Thank you!

When you say this: "buy a used 6700, 6800, or 6900 that you could copy the keys off of, or do a buy and return on one of the above or a 6850 from a Verizon Store and copy the keys"... does it matter what brand?

I would imagine that I just want the biggest piece of crap of one of those - and I found cheap ustarcom and audiovox - will those work? Can I get anything as long as its CDMA???

Thanks! I guess my quest will continue - and I'll keep going until I drop dead.

Also, my wife has a Sprint Touch - can I do it with hers and then revert her phone back to continue working for her?

Last edited by rgt77lobo; 02-24-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Sprint Question...
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

niick is a n00b

I just tackled this problem last night. I had a sprint touch pro with KK's 1.6 rom (sprint based i believe) and i was getting no data, just voice, here's what i did.
1. turned off sprint phone completely
2. activated VZW touch pro on my account
3. Tested everything, data, phone, sms, mms. Everything was working so my account was all OK.
4. grabbed AAA and HA keys off VZW phone
5. started sprint touch pro up, loaded the leaked vzw stock rom, right away.
6. followed the steps in the sprint tp on vzw tutrial thread

Doing this with the stock vzw rom and everything worked. I had to force the 1x to get the AAA and HA keys, but I got them through the network on the sprint tp. Also I had to force 1x mode and send an mms to get the mms' to work. After it was all working, I loaded KK's 1.6 rom. I didn't have to change anything and all services were still working.
I hope this helps some. This switch is definitely time consuming, but don't give up!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b

Hey there, I'm not giving up! But what apparently complicates it for me (or so someone else said) is that my Samsung SCHi760 is not only the world's crappiest phone, but also apparently very difficult to 'dig into' - so the part that I can't get is grabbing the AAA and HA keys off that. That's the point where I finally gave up and came here for help - and why I'm now potentially buying a (cheap) throw-away phone. No matter what steps I follow, I can't get those keys from that i760. I very much look forward to the day that I can torture and kill this phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niick View Post
I just tackled this problem last night. I had a sprint touch pro with KK's 1.6 rom (sprint based i believe) and i was getting no data, just voice, here's what i did.
1. turned off sprint phone completely
2. activated VZW touch pro on my account
3. Tested everything, data, phone, sms, mms. Everything was working so my account was all OK.
4. grabbed AAA and HA keys off VZW phone
5. started sprint touch pro up, loaded the leaked vzw stock rom, right away.
6. followed the steps in the sprint tp on vzw tutrial thread

Doing this with the stock vzw rom and everything worked. I had to force the 1x to get the AAA and HA keys, but I got them through the network on the sprint tp. Also I had to force 1x mode and send an mms to get the mms' to work. After it was all working, I loaded KK's 1.6 rom. I didn't have to change anything and all services were still working.
I hope this helps some. This switch is definitely time consuming, but don't give up!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

This is how you do it!

Hit Thanks

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663
Old 02-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

niick is a n00b

Ah i grabbed the keys on my vzw phone, but never used them. I'm guessing these keys are unique? I would post them but I figure someone else would have done that already

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro