PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Lurker

equetefue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro headset problem !!

My first Pro got exchanged this morning because of buggy audio issues. No speakerphone at all !!

My replacements works, but when on the phone the sound is muffled and metallic... What gives ??

Is everyone elses like these or do I have to go for #3 ?
Old 10-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

sgtyounggunz is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro headset problem !!

same here scratchy sounding... it sucks, taking it back tomorrow.... is this a software issue or speaker issue?
Old 10-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

equetefue is a n00b

my first one was software... kinda concern sounds like i'm hearing thru a beer can
Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

sgtyounggunz is a n00b

did best buy give you issues? when returning?
Old 10-25-2008, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's an issue of junk being sold to the public by high-lighting the "cool" factor, the "can't wait to get it" factor, despite all the evidence on XDA (where they've had the GSM version for some time) that this thing is problematic.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

I am a bit pissed at the battery life. It seems the same from the Diamond im sending back. It heats up the same as the mogul
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

equetefue is a n00b

For me it's not cool. it's functional. That's the reason I needed.
Who else is having the issue ?

BB did not give me any issues, but wondering if they will after going for a 3rd one.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
It's an issue of junk being sold to the public by high-lighting the "cool" factor, the "can't wait to get it" factor, despite all the evidence on XDA (where they've had the GSM version for some time) that this thing is problematic.

I haven't kept up with what XDA has said about the gsm of this phone. CAn you make a list of cons of this phone. THXS!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I haven't kept up with what XDA has said about the gsm of this phone. CAn you make a list of cons of this phone. THXS!
Here is the forum, it has 51 pages, they've had the device for for several months. Many of the issues are coming up here too, but we're still in the early stages, and they haven't all come up yet, but even here, many are showing up. Some bother some people and not others, and some are real big issues. It's just like with any other of these devices. It takes a while before most things get fixed, and some never do, and the "love" relationship turns to "love-hate", and then to "hate" when info about the next new thing is leaked. I'm thankful for early adopters, they help get the problems solved. I just don't want to be an early adopter. It's too frustrating being disappointing once the "new" and "cool" wears off, and the day-to-day bugs start driving you nuts.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438
Old 10-25-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

check out my thread it might help with issues like these..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41385
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro