PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
Contact Picture Size

My contact pictures are all from Facebook. I use Fonebook to sync these with Outlook. The problem is that the size of these images are pretty small because when I use S2U2, it stretches them for caller-id and they look horrible. Does anyone know if there is a workaround here? Is this an issue with what Facebook makes available through their API? Or is it the sync app Fonebook and perhaps using another one would put a larger image there? So far this has been the easiest way for me to add images to contacts. Doing it manually in the past sometimes caused contacts simply not to sync at all...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bigtalldave101 is a n00b
Re: Contact Picture Size

I know it's not limited by what Facebook makes available through their API, because I've downloaded the full sized pictures by right clicking and tried to set them as the contact picture, with the same results...

Sorry to not offer any solutions, but maybe somebody else can, knowing that's not the issue...
Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Contact Picture Size

OK......listen up.....there are a bunch of threads in here that explain this. Use search, it is you friend....

Now...adding ANY picture through the phonebook/contacts will result in horrible pics. Load the pics onto your phone and add them through your TF3D pics tab.....

Goto your pics tab in TF3D.....Find and Tap on pic you want....Tap again and menus appear, select bottom right icon/menu....select add pic to contact then find the contact you want and select....then select yes....your pics will now be high rez, especially in favorites. Enjoy.

Last edited by gator352; 03-16-2009 at 05:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro