PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro and the PS3!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41910)

johnnymac 10-27-2008 08:54 PM

Touch Pro and the PS3!!!!

Just plug it in to your PS3 and you can view your pics right away!!!! =D>

Unfortuantely, I have not been able to play the videos that the TP captures in any of the 3 recording formats. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

TurboFool 10-27-2008 09:06 PM

Re: Touch Pro and the PS3!!!!

Should work with the 360, as well. The video formats wouldn't be supported, though.

Gforce 10-28-2008 09:50 AM

This thread got my hopes up. The pictures thing is cool but what about a bluetooth link to the PS3 to turn it on and use the keyboard on the TP to enter info on the PS3.

deadwrong03 11-11-2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gforce (Post 480936)
This thread got my hopes up. The pictures thing is cool but what about a bluetooth link to the PS3 to turn it on and use the keyboard on the TP to enter info on the PS3.

has anyone tried or confirmed this yet? any other possibilities with the touch pro and ps3 thats possible via bluetooth?

hellraiser_osu 11-11-2008 07:23 AM

Sony won't release any codes that mimic controller functionality through Bluetooth. It's why every third party controller uses a USB dongle. Keyboards, while they work with the PS3, won't let you control anything nor let you turn on and off the machine but do allow for text input and some media controls. I've reviewed various PS3 specific items from third parties and all controllers interface with the PS3 the same way; USB wireless receiver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 510953)
has anyone tried or confirmed this yet? any other possibilities with the touch pro and ps3 thats possible via bluetooth?

eXplicit 11-11-2008 09:55 AM

Good to know, can't wait to get my Touch Pro.

But I just sent my PS3 out yesterday to Sony for service. Bah.

bgeezy723 11-11-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gforce (Post 480936)

Wow, this would be so cool. Sucks that Sony won't allow it though...

JaxChris 11-11-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellraiser_osu (Post 510962)
Sony won't release any codes that mimic controller functionality through Bluetooth. It's why every third party controller uses a USB dongle. Keyboards, while they work with the PS3, won't let you control anything nor let you turn on and off the machine but do allow for text input and some media controls. I've reviewed various PS3 specific items from third parties and all controllers interface with the PS3 the same way; USB wireless receiver.

You're saying keyboards use 3rd party dongles also? If so, that's not the case - the Logitech DiNovo Mini has direct PS3 functionality, you flip a switch on it and it transmits in the PS3 native command structure. So that protocol has been shared and could be written into a WinCE version which could be installed on the Touch Pro to allow for texting and menu control just like the DiNovo Mini, via an application. Media keys also work on the DiNovo Mini. In fact, the PS3 only uses 1 protocol for all buttons - controller & keyboard.

The trick is that the individual wireless controllers add a prefix to the commands so the console can distinguish Controller A,B,C,D. Since there's no generic hardware out there that supports this prepended transmission over Bluetooth 3rd party accessory builders opt out of the expense. But if someone creates the solution in software (which is also too costly for accessory makers) then it could have a driver that allows itself to be recognized as a keyboard by the PS3 and an application could perform the handshake to get the controller prefix from the console and prepend the transmitted commands with the correct prefix.

Drewman247 11-26-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 479988)
Should work with the 360, as well. The video formats wouldn't be supported, though.

do you think they would be supported if you used MPEG4 setting?

hellraiser_osu 11-26-2008 09:57 AM

No I'm not saying that keyboards use third party dongles. I was saying just controllers. I have a few Logitech PS3 keyboards reviewed on my site from them. It's just none of them, keyboards or controllers, have the ability to turn a PS3 on. You can mimic the rest though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 511761)
You're saying keyboards use 3rd party dongles also? If so, that's not the case - the Logitech DiNovo Mini has direct PS3 functionality, you flip a switch on it and it transmits in the PS3 native command structure. So that protocol has been shared and could be written into a WinCE version which could be installed on the Touch Pro to allow for texting and menu control just like the DiNovo Mini, via an application. Media keys also work on the DiNovo Mini. In fact, the PS3 only uses 1 protocol for all buttons - controller & keyboard.

The trick is that the individual wireless controllers add a prefix to the commands so the console can distinguish Controller A,B,C,D. Since there's no generic hardware out there that supports this prepended transmission over Bluetooth 3rd party accessory builders opt out of the expense. But if someone creates the solution in software (which is also too costly for accessory makers) then it could have a driver that allows itself to be recognized as a keyboard by the PS3 and an application could perform the handshake to get the controller prefix from the console and prepend the transmitted commands with the correct prefix.